• Do not use Works in Progress as a way of avoiding the releases system! Works in Progress can be used for sharing early betas and for getting suggestions for improvement. Releases of finished content are not allowed in this forum! If you would like to submit a finished addon, click here for instructions on how to do so.

Logan McCloud's WIP Thread

Logan McCloud

Hyperchaotix
FAQ:
1. Are you dead?
No. I am immortal and cannot be killed.

2. Is the model pack canceled?
No. The model pack is a slow-paced side project, but it's either in WIP status or finished, depending on when you read this. It would only be canceled if I was dead (refer to question 1).

Hello there! A while ago I discovered some threads on here speculating about what I'm making. I used to post updates on the discord, but I left. Even then, stuff gets buried there pretty easily.
This thread will be dedicated to all of my SRB2 projects, such as mapping and sprite work, not just the model pack.

That said, attached are the latest models from the model pack, made in the last week or so. Please be patient, but feel free to ask questions (that aren't in the FAQ) or give feedback! Thank you! I'll be adding more and more to this thread over time.
blender_2023-04-01_22-34-49.png

Attachments

• blender_2023-04-02_18-50-34.png
    blender_2023-04-02_18-50-34.png
    109.3 KB · Views: 257
  • blender_2023-04-03_00-40-23.png
    blender_2023-04-03_00-40-23.png
    187.2 KB · Views: 237
  • blender_2023-03-26_18-49-51.png
    blender_2023-03-26_18-49-51.png
    97.6 KB · Views: 284
Wait, so that ACZ badnik had eyes? Well now i can't unsee that, btw the eggrobo and the minecart rock!

Yep lol. Also thanks!
Here are a couple animations I did with the Egg Robo for fun.
(These won't be in SRB2 unfortunately, since there is nowhere to put them or there are too many frames)

Post automatically merged:

So I've posted this to the discord a few times, but for easier access, I'm going to post it here too.

Official ports of my outdated 2.1 models of Sonic, Tails, Knuckles, and Metal Sonic. I made this because there were some portlegs of my old models floating around that were a bit messed up. While I'd rather people just wait for the new models and use those instead, some people still like the old models for whatever reason, and if they're going to use them at all, you may as well use my own port.

-Texture Palette and _blend file have been converted to the 2.2 palette (almost no difference besides a couple of colors)
-The models are MD3 now, so they don't jitter around as much as the old ones, but this also reveals how janky the old animations were
-Sonic has 4 visible rolling frames instead of 3
-Tails' tails are separated and he uses his ball model from one of his mod variants
-Knuckles has a new swimming animation
-Metal Sonic was previously based on a mod, which had more animation frames and a different structure. Consequently, he has had to have his frames reduced to fit into his 2.2 vanilla version.

Only Sonic, Tails, Knuckles, and Metal Sonic are here. No other models from the original 2.1 pack will be ported. Again, I'd rather people just wait for and use the new models when they're done.

Attachments

• Logans_2.1_Characters_Port.zip
    677.2 KB · Views: 655
Last edited:
Yep lol. Also thanks!
Here are a couple animations I did with the Egg Robo for fun.
(These won't be in SRB2 unfortunately, since there is nowhere to put them or there are too many frames)
View attachment 88728View attachment 88727
Post automatically merged:

So I've posted this to the discord a few times, but for easier access, I'm going to post it here too.

Official ports of my outdated 2.1 models of Sonic, Tails, Knuckles, and Metal Sonic. I made this because there were some portlegs of my old models floating around that were a bit messed up. While I'd rather people just wait for the new models and use those instead, some people still like the old models for whatever reason, and if they're going to use them at all, you may as well use my own port.

-Texture Palette and _blend file have been converted to the 2.2 palette (almost no difference besides a couple of colors)
-The models are MD3 now, so they don't jitter around as much as the old ones, but this also reveals how janky the old animations were
-Sonic has 4 visible rolling frames instead of 3
-Tails' tails are separated and he uses his ball model from one of his mod variants
-Knuckles has a new swimming animation
-Metal Sonic was previously based on a mod, which had more animation frames and a different structure. Consequently, he has had to have his frames reduced to fit into his 2.2 vanilla version.

Only Sonic, Tails, Knuckles, and Metal Sonic are here. No other models from the original 2.1 pack will be ported. Again, I'd rather people just wait for and use the new models when they're done.
will amy anf fang will be in this pack?

Amy and Fang will be in the finished 2.2 pack.

If you're asking if Amy and Fang will be in the old style, no. I never made those during the 2.1 era, so those models don't exist.
Well Amy in the old days of srb2 existed as a mod and for fang he wasn’t even in the older srb2 version as a official playable character or a mod back then but I like the good work you made keep it up!

Ah okay. Yeah this is a port. The characters have been formatted for the vanilla cast, so Tails has separate tails. They may break with mod characters they weren't designed for.

Who is viewing this thread (Total: 1, Members: 0, Guests: 1)

Back