linux + netplay = fail???

Status
Not open for further replies.

Black Zero

I started playing srb2 again, this time in Linux(Gentoo) And the net play and sound don't seem to be working.(sound: see lsdlsrb2)When I try to join a game it it says connecting to server and just doesn't seem to connect, It didn't crash, because I can still abort with esc.

When I run srb2 in vmware the sound and net play work, but because its a VM its VERY slow and It would be MUCH better if I could get it working in Gentoo.

My computer is a dell latitude c810 if that even matters...

Please help...[/url]

my lsdlsrb2 binary breaks netplay, I know, as for sound, I had not tested it in a while

Black Zero said:
So if I want netplay, I have to stick to stupid virtualization? D:

that or use WINE

Code:
wine explorer /desktop=SRB2,640x400 srb2win.exe -nomouse -nomusic

Actually, you might not even need -nomusic in WINE, depending on if you can get FMOD to kick back to standard WAVE OUT (that's what it does when DX isn't available).

When I had it on ubuntu, sound AND netplay worked(although netplay was kinda laggy) So there must be a way

Maybe if I get off my lazy***(actually I'd still be sitting down XD) and find out how to get it working, I'll enlighten you, or the other way around(excluding the lazy*** part :S)

I don't know what you mean by that since your being so vague(like I usually am :P) but since I'm not like most people, I'll guess

If you get the "looking for wads in blah blah blah" error, simply get the windows self extracting rar, open it with wine, and extract the files to one of the directories that srb2 looks in, all it is looking for is srb2.srb and all the other neccessary wadfiles.(lsdlsrb2 should be in a archive with all these files...)

(I completely ad libbed that....but I think I was right...)

otherwise I guess you should tell us what you mean by "I can't get figure this out."

You knew it was a binary right.... theres not compiling to be done you just run it

cd /directory/where/it/is/
lsdlsrb2

Status
Not open for further replies.

Who is viewing this thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Back