• Do not use Works in Progress as a way of avoiding the releases system! Works in Progress can be used for sharing early betas and for getting suggestions for improvement. Releases of finished content are not allowed in this forum! If you would like to submit a finished addon, click here for instructions on how to do so.

LEVEL NAME SUGGESTIONS (again)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ice

Pretty chill guy
Well, since I know what I'm gonna name my other levels, I'd like some suggestions. I'm not completely done with scenery or object placement, so the screenshots are here just to let you know how the feel of the level is. I want it to be somewhat Egyptian style, but I can't think up of a name. Again...X_X

Here's the entrance (it's closed, you have to find a way in):
srb20005-2.png

Some buildings:
srb20007-1.png

More buildings:
srb20008.png

There's gonna be somewhat of a pyramid structure in the center.
Suggestions?

Could you make those hallways bigger? It looks like you're prepping your map for a bunch of detail, and it would make your map more enjoyable if you gave players some breathing room.

Also, I think you should consider working in something with "Eternal". Naming is half the epik.

The walls. Look at the pillars in levels like the desert level in Mystic Realm. The brown and yellow texture's used for the edges of ledges, but it looks weird for the whole wall. Use FOFs.

BlueZero4 said:
Also, I think you should consider working in something with "Eternal". Naming is half the epik.

Eternal Emcampment. Half of the name credit goes to BZ4

I was thinking Mystic Ruin Zone, But I just rememberd DX coined that idea. XD. What about Sinking Sands zione? Or Sandy Desert Zone? Just thoughts, ignore them if the're lame. ^^'. And maybe you can hide one of the tokens someware in a wall or somthing, like in THZ act 2 (that is, if you are going to put tokens in it anyway lol). Good level, By the way. Keep up the good work! :) And The Dark Fox is right, use FOF's. The walls look a liitle wierd right now.

Well... it's a bit hard to suggest names if I don't know your proposes, challenges and story.

Anyway, here I go:

Desert portal
Arid city/village

I'm pretty sure you knew it was taken already, you just said the level name without thinking about it.

Superusuario said:
From where Spazzo?I just want to know!!!

Temple Tryst was an old match map that ST218 made, which was entered in one of the contests. I remember it solely because of how we transformed it into a superb dogfighting stage...

Fixed the pillar textures, but I don't think there's need to update the screenshots. Back on topic please?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Who is viewing this thread (Total: 1, Members: 0, Guests: 1)

Back