• Do not use Works in Progress as a way of avoiding the releases system! Works in Progress can be used for sharing early betas and for getting suggestions for improvement. Releases of finished content are not allowed in this forum! If you would like to submit a finished addon, click here for instructions on how to do so.

Level making help Please

Status
Not open for further replies.
I started off with TGF, myself, then BASIC, then C++ (albeit very limited), then C, then C++ again, then Java... Thus far, I actually think Java's prolly the easiest of the actual programming languages, if only because Eclipse roxxorz and I actually KNOW how to make objects with it, while we never got that far in C++ to know. I could probably still make a minor console-based game, though... or Pong, which I already made in OpenGL. Collision detection's a [female dog], though.

For making games QUICK, TGF's still good, though. A lot less confusing, and IT handles collision detection for you (you just need to know how to apply that).

But anyway, on-topic, there really isn't anything that hard about making levels. It just takes some practice. I could go onto a mini-tutorial on how to just get a SQUARE room in SRB2, but later, not now.

Nice! I am sure all of you "programmers" are way older than me. I jsut started programing this year back in may and already im getting better at it.

I started with DOS qbasic, then moved my way up to HTML, Visual Basic, and now I am working with advanced SRB2 console scripting and PHP.

PHP is fun, La. You'll like it. It has C/C++ syntax, so is a good learning tool, but is much easier to use. The only problem is installing it... Ugh, I still think that Apache is going to crash every time I excecute a PHP script.

La Programer said:
Nice! I am sure all of you "programmers" are way older than me. I jsut started programing this year back in may and already im getting better at it.
How old are you anyway? I'm just starting high school

Lets see. Started with TGF then learned Basic on a Apple ][ and messed with it on a C64. Then go into HTML and PHP followed by C++ and Pascal.

Geez, I feel stupid now...

All I can do is html and very little C. (I made a calculator with a random number generator.) I also script for Zdoom, but I've only just started. Gah, and I'm 14 and have been trying to learn for three whole years now. Too bad my mother resents my use of the computer like the devil. Plus, I play too many games when I do get the rare chance to get on.

Pity me, but first, give me ten dollars!

supershadow2 said:
Aw. It's a DOS program.

!@#$%

I hate XP's incompatibility with dos programs!

Opened.

.0000000002 seconds later...

Closed.
Run.
cmd
cd [insert directory here]
[insert exe filename here]

Usually, this'll help you figure out what's going wrong, or if you need to add some values to the command that pulled it up to get it working.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Who is viewing this thread (Total: 1, Members: 0, Guests: 1)

Back