Let's play alien swarm![FREE]

Status
Not open for further replies.
Anyone who is getting the servers are overloaded when downloading. Keep trying, it took me a couple times to get it downloaded.

I finally have it downloaded and the game was pretty fun. Sure the graphics aren't the best. But its gameplay that matters. Its also easy to get right into the game. The first time I played it, it told me what buttons to press and what to do.

Unfortunately, I was changing options and then the game froze. Then the screen turned black so then I took a brake. Going to play it right now. Really, download it now.

Edit: I'm lagging like SuperSonic45. So I'm going to play it later.

Last edited:
Got a download spot after a few tries, so I'm currently downloading it (484KB/S). I'm just hoping the download is worth it for me.
EDIT: Done, going to try this out

Last edited:
It's fun, or rather it would be fun, but it seems that on every game there's a leeroy jenkins that runs off and gets himself killed, and it always seems that he's either tech or medic, meaning that if he dies you're screwed.

If I hear correctly, medic is bugged and won't heal.

Either so, it reminds me of Borderlands:Sound fun as hell to play with friends.

30 minutes left downloading. Damnit valve

So Left 4 Dead, Smash TV, and Dead Space had a wicked three way which led to a kid.

Sign me the fuck up.

Right now, a lot of the servers have ridiculous pings, so I'd wait a bit for that to die down. Regardless, it's great.

Works great... until it actually loads hl2.exe. Maybe someday I'll get a computer that doesn't hate Source Engine with the fire of a thousand suns.

If I hear correctly, medic is bugged and won't heal.

Either so, it reminds me of Borderlands:Sound fun as hell to play with friends.

30 minutes left downloading. Damnit valve

The Medic worked fine when I played as him with a group in #fun.

So Left 4 Dead, Smash TV, and Dead Space had a wicked three way which led to a kid.

Sign me the fuck up.

Right now, a lot of the servers have ridiculous pings, so I'd wait a bit for that to die down. Regardless, it's great.

When you join a game, have you actually joined one? When I tried it earlier today, it just does that circle loading thing(connecting to server).

I hosted games with the #'fun crew a few times. It was pretty fun. Basically L4D but top-down, and with aliens and classes. The biggest frustration stems from the parasites, which latch onto you and drain your health. The only way to get them off is to heal. The medigun is best for this. Healing beacons "work" at curing the infection, but not as well as the medigun. If the medic isn't available for healing you, you have to use, like, three or four medkits in order to cure yourself, which is frankly unfair, as the only time you ever come across that many medkits is deep within the last section of the Jacob's Rest campaign.

The other downside is that there is only one campaign (at least, currently. They might release more, and there's always community content). It's about seven or eight levels long, so perhaps about as long as the typical episode in Doom (or longer, depending on how well you do). Though, hey, they even have the map view after completing each level, which seems to me like an homage to those earlier games by iD.

Last edited:
Another problem I have with the game(As Blitzzo pretty much described the parasite thing), is that the AI seems to be developed to personally go rush the medic into a corner, forcing him to waste his healing gun on himself or him dying.

I think the AI targets medics more than anybody else to be honest. I tried a round as a Tech and didn't get attacked more than normal, but when I went medic I suddenly got turned into a VIP target.

wtfuu.png

Help meeee...

Just did what 90% of my friends who played the game thought was impossible.

Beat Syntek residential on Insane.

We didn't even have any deaths!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Who is viewing this thread (Total: 1, Members: 0, Guests: 1)

Back