Legend of Zelda: Phantom Hourglass

Status
Not open for further replies.

tailsmastermind

Does time attack too much
I recently got this game and it is very intesting. It has similar spin-off of Wind Waker, like the ocean, and some, not so similar, like, the use of steam power instead of wind inorder to use transportation. I beat it, and found its story nice as well. Some of the controls were sort of wonky, what wit using the DS stylus the whole time, but otherwise it was great not having to try to steer a boat and use a cannon at the same time.

I got the game too, beat it, the ending seemed strange to me. Didn't make much sense. And it seemed out of place compared to other Zelda games.

Chrome the hedgehog said:
I got the game too, beat it, the ending seemed strange to me. Didn't make much sense. And it seemed out of place compared to other Zelda games.
the ocean king returned to his world and warped them back on the ship meanwhile, Linebeck was roaming the seas but also the power of the hourglass slowed time

OK that helps a little, I'm still not sure if Link was in his world or the Ocean King's world throughout the game though.

I didn't like the fact you could only use the stylus as well. Not steering and purely concentrating on firing might be easy, but I'd rather be totally free than go to that low type of level. Another reason why they should've put in D-pad support...

Still, I'd say using the stylus is a great break from the constant D-pad games. It makes it different. This game also pulls it off quite nicely, along with using the mic at certain points and one trap in particular really got me. *coughghostshipcough* The only main problem I had was at first, I just kept jumping into the ocean a lot. The second reason is that I found the right side of my screen was my achilles' heel, since my hand blacked most of that area when I try t run up, down, or left. Still, it was great for Zelda to hop into the 18th century and use steam power instead of wind.

I felt really stupid when I had to scream into my DS just to get a price drop on a part of my ship. Which was only used once for the main quest of the game.

So do it once, where no one who will laugh at you for a while will here. Try sitting on a bus and yelling "Objection!" at your DS. That is pretty hillarious.

I simply can't imagine the embarassment from that. But some things such as shouting to get a monster to stop attacking you is unessasary. But I really hated constanly going back to the temple of the Ocean King. I always messed up on a puzzle and wasted half of my time

i have the golden ship set completed =)
the game shouldn't be called Legends of Zelda sinse zelda is not in the game. the name should be Legends of Tetra.

hack_the_hedgehog said:
i have the golden ship set completed =)
the game shouldn't be called Legends of Zelda sinse zelda is not in the game. the name should be Legends of Tetra.
Tertra is Zelda. Or, should I say, toon Zelda's "Shiek" form.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Who is viewing this thread (Total: 1, Members: 0, Guests: 1)

Back