• Do not use Works in Progress as a way of avoiding the releases system! Works in Progress can be used for sharing early betas and for getting suggestions for improvement. Releases of finished content are not allowed in this forum! If you would like to submit a finished addon, click here for instructions on how to do so.

Lat' does bullshit~

Status
Not open for further replies.
513246srb20048.png

help

245809srb20056.png

*gasp*

So, all of the required frames are technically done!
Some still need some polishing, and I have some other extra frames to add as well. Release happening soon, I guess...?

So long as he's netgame balanced, at the very least as much so as the current Tails, then I don't see a reason to keep the old one.

As far as I know, it's purely a cosmetic change with some additional visual effects, although feel free to prove me wrong if any actual gameplay was changed. I definitely wouldn't mind ditching the old one, either.

although feel free to prove me wrong if any actual gameplay was changed

And something that's been here since... er... I forgot when I implanted it but whatever, I slightly changed the flight physics and forgot to mention said change in the first post about Kilometers; basically, it works like Sonic 3 now, so you can regain speed while flying if you are not flying up!

It's a somewhat noticeable change in flight physics from what I've seen since Tails can now reach his running speed on the ground in the air. Otherwise he's pretty much the same. I don't know how much this actually changes about playing as Tails altogether, for obvious reasons.

I can say this about this frame and many other sprites, but when I look closer at the shading... it honestly feels like you threw the sprite on Photoshop and used either the Smudge or the Blur tool. The anti aliasing is just so overdone to the point that the sprite looks overly blurry, rather than something more solid and appropriate for his shading.

This frame in specific shows that Tails has one foot bigger than the other, and the pose overall just feels unnatural for balancing himself. The bubble grab sprite also has a really wonky face, like he became a cyclops out of nowhere and his head grew in size. You should try to keep it more consistent, because it feels like you are rushing this project.

Before anyone wonders, yes, I do think these are better than the vanilla Tails sprites. I just think it should be far more polished, before being considered that it's in a releasable/finished state.

Last edited:
I can say this about this frame and many other sprites, but when I look closer at the shading... it honestly feels like you threw the sprite on Photoshop and used either the Smudge or the Blur tool. The anti aliasing is just so overdone to the point that the sprite looks overly blurry, rather than something more solid and appropriate for his shading.

This frame in specific shows that Tails has one foot bigger than the other, and the pose overall just feels unnatural for balancing himself. The bubble grab sprite also has a really wonky face, like he became a cyclops out of nowhere and his head grew in size. You should try to keep it more consistent, because it feels like you are rushing this project.

Before anyone wonders, yes, I do think these are better than the vanilla Tails sprites. I just think it should be far more polished, before being considered that it's in a releasable/finished state.

Nope, I don't use photoshop nor any specific tool for the shading. Guess I just got it wrong anyway. However, I don't really see where it icould be so blurry, I just see the hands and the white part of the tails. I see where I got this wrong with the shoes, but this pose doesn't seem more unatural to me than vanilla's or a good number of the ones used in the classics (honorable mention for Knuckles' back balancing animation in Sonic 3), but, I'll see if I can do things any better...? Also, while I have to agree on the fact that the head seems a lil' bigger in the gasping frame, I just don't see what you mean with the cyclop thing.

But anyway, thanks for that feedback, helps a lot!

It looks unnatural and lame because it literally resembles the vanilla falling pose, rather than someone trying to stay balanced. Even Knuckles' balancing animation from Sonic 3 makes more sense.

The cyclops thing is because his eyes look merged together. Also, the main problems with the shading on your sprites are two things. One is the lack of contrast, and the other is the overuse of anti alias. The outlines, for a sample, have way too little contrast in them, compared to the rest of the sprite, causing them to look kind of flat. Here's what I mean:

djtW7U4.gif

And please, don't just rush this for a release.

I might have just dont this specific angle wrong, maybe others work fine.

CavernousAlarmingDarwinsfox.gif

...It's not the case... right...?

In any case, I did try to work on a replacement using my awesome battery power time, and came up with this!

(what, no it's not animated, what do you think I am? An efficient spriter? XDXDXDXDXD)

It's not perfect, and even worse, I have no idea of how I'm gonna do the other angles, assuming this one is gonna be the side angle!

I don't really see the point of remaking the vanilla balancing sprites as the others are based on the classics/SCD 2011. Hence why Kilometers was called TailsCD before, but that's just me.
If Lat decides to go with this, then I don't blame him, Its his wad.
But Lat, like MotorRoach said, take your time and don't rush. Especially with the shading/sprites, if you want this little fox to make it into 2.- *shot by SRB2 devs*

Ayyy I'm not dead yet!
Here are two things!

AccomplishedAcceptableCardinal.gif

I have Speedwagon and MotorRoach to thanks for getting me back into making Silver. Before the nitpicks come, I fixed the ears already.

And here's something that's gonna get 0 attention because of what's above it, but it still exists!
VerifiableIlliterateIndochinesetiger.gif

No, I won't give to cookies to people who guess what this is because it's too easy to find out nowdays.

niiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiice

'06 will always hold a soft spot for me. A terrible, terrible soft spot, but a soft spot all the same, and you're doing it justice with some very nice spritework. (that karma point system is pretty damn awesome too)

The KR system looks great, but would it be possible to make it so it drains slower the closer it gets to your actual HP count? Considering that's how that fight actually worked.

Hey Lat', you should work with Zipper to make a full Undertale Mod. I'm sure some of us in the SRB2 community would also love to see this.

Just supposing, ya know...

Heres the link to Zippers post (if you haven't see it):http://mb.srb2.org/showthread.php?t=40974

Oh, I know about that. Despite how much I like Undertale and all, I'm not really feeling like doing a whole mod, even with someone, and I'm not that good when it comes to Lua either, so I'm pretty sure Zipper could find someone better than me if that idea ever comes.

The KR system looks great, but would it be possible to make it so it drains slower the closer it gets to your actual HP count? Considering that's how that fight actually worked.

Oh alright!
MediumEagerHairstreakbutterfly.gif

On another note, here is a concept for Silver's ability, and, well, feedback on it would be pretty much appreciated.

GenuineBabyishGreathornedowl.gif

To explain it briefly, the regular doublejump ability is a timed float, but if you doubletap forward while floating, you begin to fly at a much higher speed, and you can also fly up and down by mouselooking. However, while you can float normally for about 10 seconds with a full gauge, you can only boost for more or less 2 seconds.
also Silver screams IT'S NO USE when activating his boost thing

Telekinesis could also be taken as consideration, the real problem is that it would be all or nothing; it would be extremely situational if you could only use it on projectiles, or extremely broken if you could use it on enemies as whole.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Who is viewing this thread (Total: 1, Members: 0, Guests: 1)

Back