Laptop Reccomendations

Status
Not open for further replies.

Eryn

エリンちゃん
So, I may be getting a laptop sometime in the next few weeks. So, I'd like you guys to reccomend a laptop. It doesn't have to be very good, just good enough for simple 3D stuff like level editing. I'll be using it for levels, spriting, and other general stuff like word processing and the internet. And of course SRB2, but that won't be a problem, most likely. I have access to $1000. So, what do you guys reccomend?

Oh yeah. I can't use
acs due to their wierdness. I need Windows. Linux is out too. My parents want me to use Windows. :/

Roboashura said:
Oh yeah. I can't use
acs due to their wierdness. I need Windows. Linux is out too. My parents want me to use Windows. :/
Just install windows on it, that's what I did.
If not just get the laptop I just got.

akirahedgehog said:
akirahedgehog said:
http://www.apple.com/macbook/
A bit expensive, but they are nice. Has a Intel Duo core Processor thing and will run Windows now .
:mrgreen:
:roll:

...provided you buy it yourself. Also, by the sounds of things, he will be using windows much more often than MacOS, which means he is partially paying for a OS he'll won't use on a frequent basis.

If you're still looking for a laptop, I'd recommend a Dell Inspiron. Mine has 128 MB memory on its video card. It runs SRB2 faster than my computer.

Well I like my G4 ibook (Mac) and it works for me. but the intel Macs are better plus you can uses Parallels to run Windows. I heard that Parallels can run Windows really fast.
http://www.parallels.com/

Cheapest Intel Mac laptop
$1,099.00
or as low as $26 a month
Ships: Within 24 hours
Free Shipping
13.3-inch widescreen display
1280 x 800 resolution
1.83GHz Intel Core Duo1
512MB memory (2x256MB SODIMMs)
60GB 5400-rpm Serial ATA hard drive2
Combo drive (DVD-ROM, CD-RW)

My laptop has a bigger screen and a bigger screen (albeit with a Sempron instead a Core processor) and still costs less in the UK where everything costs one Hell of a lot more than it does in the states.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Who is viewing this thread (Total: 1, Members: 0, Guests: 1)

Back