• Do not use Works in Progress as a way of avoiding the releases system! Works in Progress can be used for sharing early betas and for getting suggestions for improvement. Releases of finished content are not allowed in this forum! If you would like to submit a finished addon, click here for instructions on how to do so.

Knux Skin Remake Demo (Last Updated 2-10-06)

What do you think of this so far?

• This looks fantastic, keep up the great work. :D

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • This is pretty good, but it needs more work. :/

• This looks terrible, just stop. >_>

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.

Linkman90

First off, I can not stress this enough, this is a DEMO!! 100% DEMO!! You will find as you play with it, there are lots of diffrent angles, and diffrent actions that will cause the skin to go back to the old colors. Those are the sprites I have yet to fix. This will take a while to finish, since there are well over 100ish sprites to edit >.<. But still, some of the basic actions at the basic angles are done. ;) Enjoy.

Download Here (313 KBs)

To use it, just add it like any other map before you start playing the game. It will use the normal Knuckles Character, so you don't have to do anything diffrent. Enjoy, and I REALLY want some feedback if it is ok. ;)

Here are some Screen Shots:

srb20005.gif

srb20006.gif

srb20007.gif

Well even in the screenshots it's showing that you haven't removed all of the gray pixels. Only in the hurt sprites. Fix 'em, and I'll consider it.

If it's okay with you, we might want to include this in SRB2 once you're done with it.

Wow, this is actually very good, i was wondering when this would be worked on again...

very nice :mrgreen:

SSNTails said:
If it's okay with you, we might want to include this in SRB2 once you're done with it.
..you mean 1.09.3...right?
Cause I was sorta looking forward to a SSNTails-style knux coming up.

SSNTails said:

Cause you KNOW you don't want to do it on your own. :roll:

Spazzo said:
SSNTails said:
and what style is that? the hand drawn - better style :?

Spazzo said:
SSNTails said:

Yeah, that Knux was more srb2-ish than the one wehave now, the one we have now looks like a lump of clay, this one that LM90 is making still looks better than the current one, but i want SSN's...

SSNTails: Is it ok? Are you kidding, that would be beyond awesome. ^_^ Feel free.
Flame_the_Hedgehog: Thanks, I am glad you like it, but I agree, SSNTails would be way more awesome. I am just trying to bring a bit more color to Kunx in the mean time. :P

Thanks for all the comments, it is very inspiring. ^_^

If any of you remember,
SSNTails said:
I did some sketching on the plane ride home the other day.

http://www.sepwich.com/ssntails/chuckles.png

You probably won't see this as a sprite for a good while.
He probably did some sketching and forgot about it.

You seem to be taking long for recoloring some sprites. Just gimme a call if you want me to help ya out. I don't need you to give me credit for it, if you even say yes, I just feel like helping out.

Well, I won't lie, this isn't my highest priority, but also, I am not a pro at this. The way I do it is I find the color that is supposed to be the lightest shade of red, select it all, and change it to that color. Than the 2nd lightest shade and change it, than do that till all the colors are all set. Than I change the face to look like it should in a Sonic game, and I am all set. Now, repeat that over 100 times, and the skin is done. XD If I am doing somthing that should be done diffrently, than by all means, tell me, I don't want to be doing this the dumb way. XD

P.S. I use GIMP.

Edit:

NEW DEMO!!!
This one has many more sprites done, the main angle you see of the running sprites, all the gliding angles, the climbing sprites, the main angle of the jumping sprites, and many many more. :D And, I got rid of alot of the white outline on alot of the sprites. Here are some screen shots. ^_^

srb20009.gif

Running Sprites

srb20010.gif

Gliding Sprites

srb20011.gif

Jumping Sprites

srb20012.gif

Blue Knuckles

srb20013.gif

Yellow Knuckles ^_^

Download Here (313 KBs)

looks nice!
I have a suggestion though:
MAKE ORANGE KNUX, ACTUALLY ORANGE KNUX! :P
It looks distusting as of now. :P
Just a few changes, and Orange knux shall become awesome again.

I'm most times never impressed by this stuff, but this is actually pretty good!

little hint: you might want to be able to recolor all of it, so you won't see some red while you have color blue/yellow/other color. That was actually the thing why I hate the knuckles we have. don't let that happen to your wad!

Super mystic sonic said:
little hint: you might want to be able to recolor all of it, so you won't see some red while you have color blue/yellow/other color. That was actually the thing why I hate the knuckles we have. don't let that happen to your wad!

Accualy, I am recoloring all of it. o_O Every Frame is losing it's orange, and getting red colors.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Who is viewing this thread (Total: 1, Members: 0, Guests: 1)

Back