Knuckles

Status
Not open for further replies.

protojo

My ideal knuckles:
knuxa1qt8.png

Standing sprites like this. From an old knux wad for 1.9.2 (no idea who it's by)
knuxv5la4.png

It had gliding sprites like this. The colours looked really good on that wad.

Plus the gliding sprites from the current knuckles

Plus "actionspd = 20" so he doesn't glide super fast

When attempting to edit knux.plr, this happened:
knuxb1ej2.png

The standing sprites looked like that

And the waiting sprites were:
knuxb1ej2.png
knuxa1qt8.png

lol

You need to rename the last sprites. Let's say those last ones are KNUXA1. The last ones, the ones with the falling sprites, need to be renamed to KNUXa1. Use a HEX editor to do that. Just make sure you don't rename the standing sprites by mistake.

If you have any other problems, look at another wad. You can then compare exactly what you did wrong or what you're missing.

Ok, I've been messing around with wads and the wrong standing and waiting sprites are happening often. I'm using XWE.
I edit anything, like add homing compatability is the S_SKIN and save it. THen I close XWE and test the wad. I get that problem. Then i take the backup file and rename it to a wad and test it and it works fine (with the alteration). Then i reopen xwe and reload it. I change something else and save and close. test the new (2nd) backup and I get the same problem.
So XWE seems to be acting strangly. To get it to work, whenever I edit something i have to save it, close it and use the backup. If I want to re-edit i have to delete the backup and make sure the backup made is the first.
Any ideas why XWE is acting so strangely?

Also, I say lowering the actionspd sucks. Nobody uses Knuckles because Sonic can thok faster then he can glide and Tails can fly faster then he can climb. Thus, there is absolutely no advantage to using him. :cry:

I think Knuckles is the easiest control, which is why I use him and why I care about how he looks. I don't particualy care about the speed. Also he is not as cheap as Tails.

Does how he look REALLY matter? You're supposed to be looking in front of your character, not at his back. :/

I get irritated seeing it change from the standing sprites to running/waiting when they look different.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Who is viewing this thread (Total: 1, Members: 0, Guests: 1)

Back