• Do not use Works in Progress as a way of avoiding the releases system! Works in Progress can be used for sharing early betas and for getting suggestions for improvement. Releases of finished content are not allowed in this forum! If you would like to submit a finished addon, click here for instructions on how to do so.

July2612's Earless Sonic

Julia

The only SRB2 and Touhou fan ever to exist lmao
Earless Sonic from the first two Sonic Robo Blasts (SRB1 and SRB2 TGF) is making his way into modern SRB2 for the fourth (?) time, this time by me! You're probably wondering, "July, what does YOUR Earless bring to the table that the other Earless' don't?" Well, multi-rotational sprites in his original sprite style!

In addition, I wanna see about recreating how he plays nigh-accurately, mostly based on TGF's slightly refined engine (so no accurate killing dead, I'm sorry gang but I like good things :dramahog:) but also incorperating some of his SRB1 bugs, a "composite playstyle" of sorts. I have very little LUA experience, though, and I prolly need help. If you want to help, just PM me on here or add me on Discord (@ym2612_girl) and we can sort something out!!

To show that I'm actually putting in work here, take his standing and idle frames! If there's anything I should tweak, leave feedback if possible! I want my boy to be the best he can be (while still looking like SRB1 LOL)

Anyways, here, some WIP gameplay. I wish it would just embed normally, but eh.

View attachment srb20002.gif

The running frames are gonna be really hard (Sonikku you scribble in particular ways), but I promise if I can't do them, I'll see about getting an assisting sprite artist or something. Hell, if you want to help, as with LUA, just contact me!

Attachments

• wipframes.gif
    wipframes.gif
    20.4 KB · Views: 43
Last edited:

Who is viewing this thread (Total: 1, Members: 0, Guests: 1)

Back