Joni's Problems: Few questions...

Status
Not open for further replies.

Joni

I have few questions to ask, these are throwing me into trouble.

1. Is Cue's Master Server right now off, or is it on again?

2. Is it possible to play Sa-city in match? Cause' if Sa-city is Hideout map, but match maps have no finish, so can someone make server Sa-city in match?
And the second thing in second question: Can I play level, which have a finish, but playing it in match, is that MS-Rule-broking?

3. I havent keep Srb2/Forums in eye to eye. Is Srb2ME finished, or have there come an New Srb2 patch or something else?

4. Where I can found an info of Roleplaying?

5. Does Srb2jte (mod) work in netplay somehow, or did srb2jte work in netplay in ol' times?

Joni said:
I have few questions to ask, these are throwing me into trouble.

1. Is Cue's Master Server right now off, or is it on again?

2. Is it possible to play Sa-city in match? Cause' if Sa-city is Hideout map, but match maps have no finish, so can someone make server Sa-city in match?
And the second thing in second question: Can I play level, which have a finish, but playing it in match, is that MS-Rule-broking?

3. I havent keep Srb2/Forums in eye to eye. Is Srb2ME finished, or have there come an New Srb2 patch or something else?

4. Where I can found an info of Roleplaying?

5. Does Srb2jte (mod) work in netplay somehow, or did srb2jte work in netplay in ol' times?

1. It is on, but it has a new address(ms.srb2.org port 28900) The old address is now Blue's Master server which allows role-play and stuff but it shutdown due to problems.

2.Yes,on Blue's Master server but not Cue's (He hates Sa-city because of the frequent Role-playing. I think.)

2 1/2. No! You can't. It breaks rule number 3.
3. Do not use incorrect gametypes. This means you should be completing the level in coop, shooting each other in match, etc.
(The rules for Cue's Master server.)

3.No, It comes out in a month and 2 days.There is no patch that I know of.

4. www.Google.com

5. Srb2JTE works with netplay, But I am not sure if it is allowed on Cue's server due to that level.

No, you're allowed to play Match in a level that has an exit. You just can't play coop/race in a level that doesn't have an exit/finish line.

Kaysakado said:
No, you're allowed to play Match in a level that has an exit. You just can't play coop/race in a level that doesn't have an exit/finish line.

SA-City is still banned, though.

Kthx!

One, more question. Lets say, that someone is playing in his own server, match in level, which have an EXIT. But like everyone knows, if playing in match, exit-sing disappears :P. But that match map what is he playing, is recolored for someone other map, which havent released (the recoloured map) but the non-recolored map has released, but the non-recoloured topic is locked, cause (reason). Plus, when the non-recoloured map is in Releases - old.

Is that allowed?

...er, come again?

You completely lost me at the first usage of "recolored."

MattW_CFI said:
...er, come again?

You completely lost me at the first usage of "recolored."

Recolored map = an map which have recolored for someone other map.

But in this topic it means = an recolored map for someone other map without/with the maker's rights reserved.

Wait. Are you asking if an edited version of SA City is legal?

EDIT: Oh, wait, no, because SA City doesn't have an exit anyway. However, taking a level, editing it, and taking all the credit would be forbidden on the forum. Playing the edited level would be fine on the Master Server, as long as people can play it properly in Match.

:SonicMaster: said:
Wait. Are you asking if an edited version of SA City is legal?

EDIT: Oh, wait, no, because SA City doesn't have an exit anyway. However, taking a level, editing it, and taking all the credit would be forbidden on the forum. Playing the edited level would be fine on the Master Server, as long as people can play it properly in Match.

You mean; Taking all credit for edited map, coloring it, adding new items is forbidden (if released), but playing that edited map in Master server is fine, unless this map playing in Coop. Right?

Kaysakado said:
Same goes with CTF: You can play Match on CTF maps, but not CTF on Match maps, I think...

srb2kirbyo said:
5. Srb2JTE works with netplay, But I am not sure if it is allowed on Cue's server due to that level.
Srb2JTE's netplay works, and it is allowed on the MS, AFAIK, but is hideously unstable. SA City didn't get the entire EXE banned, just the command
Code:
MAP MAP23 -GAMETYPE XXXXX -FORCE

How on earth do you "recolor" a map? That's the next level of awful quality modding.

Well, I call it recoloring, cause I dont remember right name to it, but what I mean with Recolor, is Paste sprites/items/musics/levelnames, etc. to the someone other map.

Joni said:
Well, I call it recoloring, cause I dont remember right name to it, but what I mean with Recolor, is Paste sprites/items/musics/levelnames, etc. to the someone other map.

Thats editing a map. not recoloring.

hmg12311.png

If I ever learn to map, I'll make a level out of that that looks like GFZ1 but has some gateway to an alternate dimension. :D

Draykon, that's a hilarious twist on the one of the community's oldest jokes, +1 cookie for you.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Who is viewing this thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Back