• Do not use Works in Progress as a way of avoiding the releases system! Works in Progress can be used for sharing early betas and for getting suggestions for improvement. Releases of finished content are not allowed in this forum! If you would like to submit a finished addon, click here for instructions on how to do so.

jetic the hedgehog

Status
Not open for further replies.
No, the picture gives sezures to the public, just don't continue.

Ah, this character WAD. How do I loathe thee? Let me count the ways:

1) It's a 2D WAD. This is a 3D game; nobody seriously uses 2D mode that often. This is a failing in and of itself.

2) It's just a sprite rip. Now, those can be pretty nice if done right, but looking at how the image is stretched horizontally and has nasty pixelation all over, as if you didn't resize by a scalar, I can safely say that it was not done right by any means.

3) It is a recolor. Recolors, by their very nature, suck. Hard. But that's not all:

4) It has no shading. At all. How the hell are you supposed to make out one spine from the other? It looks like you scribbled colors all over the original and then called it a good sprite. It isn't by ANY stretch of the animation.

5) The character looks like HMS11223311. This alone causes the character to be an utter failure. No, I don't want to play as overpowered character #20X6. They suck, they have always sucked and they will always suck, in practically any and all situations.

So yes, if you even REMOTELY plan on continuing this WAD, you're going to completely rethink how you're going about it. You need shading. You should probably have original art. You need a character that isn't a blatant godmoder. It must be 3D, not 2D. You must have it properly scaled. In short, you should ditch what you have and start all over. Given the guidelines I've supplied, you'll probably come out with something passable...

Status
Not open for further replies.

Who is viewing this thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Back