Jeck Jims' MD2s 2.0's Final Update

Status
Not open for further replies.
SONIC COLORS ADDED FEB 12
It's no secret that I have been working on this, I tried to take some edvice from earlier post, and also stuck to Sonic GL Amour's animating. Trying a new spin frame idea, will release the old one without the ball if the new one is not liked. But first I wanna see if there is anything else wrong with the model's animation, so I don't have to fix it twice. So try it out and please give feedback. (Nicely!)​

attachment.php

Planning on having two version, but I wanna fix other problems first so I don't have to fix them on both versions. And I like the new frames, but I understand why some people don't/won't.

His belly colour seems to be really dull, and you should also add Sonic's smile there too, he has it in game. Just to make it a tad more distinguished from your Unleashed model.

Last edited:
Then he can make a proper mouth not just a texture that's smiling when hes supposed to and sad or anything else when hes supposed to.
SRB2 has a limit of polygons. I don't think a mouth would fit in the limits.

EDIT: Why do you put the folding the arms waiting frames if you know the arms will turn flat? I'd much rather just make them look like they're breathing.
Also, the new spin frames look fine from the side, but not so much from the front or back.

Last edited:
Yeah I agree with both your statements Virt. So I am going to make his arms go on his hips like Sonic Rider. As for the spin frames, maybe changing around the texture position might make it more visually appearling.

I don't see anything bad about these md2's and they work perfectly for me! I don't see any problems with these md2's so I like them.

ay6b60.png

3162i6e.png

Well, uh I'm not sure if it's OpenGL or the model causing those bugs. (If you didn't understood the first picture, its as soon as you finish the level and the sign stop rotating, a glitched model appears)

Oh but I have the latest version. I re-downloaded the sonic unleashed model and it still does the same thing.

I never put the end post frame on the Sonic unleashed model, he ment to just use my Sonic Colors model. (newer, and better animated.)

---------- Post added at 05:29 PM ---------- Previous post was at 04:49 PM ----------

Sonic Colors Updated Feb 14
Fixed spin frames, new boredom pose, Super frames now have upward faceing quills. (No ball spin frames comming soon!)

Hey Jeck, we have already the normal springs. How about to make diagonal springs to complete the set?

This is just an idea.

(if the stuff here wasn't that good, I wouldn't mind suggesting it ^_^)

Last edited:
ay6b60.png

3162i6e.png

Well, uh I'm not sure if it's OpenGL or the model causing those bugs. (If you didn't understood the first picture, its as soon as you finish the level and the sign stop rotating, a glitched model appears)

In the first picture, IDK wtf is wrong with it, but in the second picture, that's just an OGL glitch. All player models do that in SRB2.

Also, these are very nice MD2s. I wish OpenGL worked for me at the moment. It'll probably work once my dad orders me the ATi card. :<

Last edited:
3162i6e.png

Dr. Robotnik: Now my new Metal Sonic can infiltrate that hedgehog's friends and then give them all roboticizer injections! HOHOHOHOHOHOHO!!!!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Who is viewing this thread (Total: 1, Members: 0, Guests: 1)

Back