Itunes Or Window Media Player

Status
Not open for further replies.
For midi: windows media player with a HL2 skin
For everything else: there's Winamp

(I sounded like a master card ad, didn't I?)

I use WinAmp for music. I don't make playlist, but instead, choose a song to listen to for a good while. Afterward I just choose a new music. The good thing about WinAmp is that it doesn't Maximize when a new song is chosen. If I use WMP, it always Maximizes, take a while for the song to load, and then I'm finally able to Minimize it again.

For video, I mainly use Media Player Classic. Unlike WinAmp, after the video finishes, it doesn't switch out of Full Screen. That's annoying.

iTunes? Please. I use to have an iPod, so I only used it to organize my songs. I can't use it as a music player, since I don't want the song to mess with my playlist. It's way more bloated than WMP, anyway.

Real Player and Quicktime aren't touched, unless I get a video that requires them. Luckily, there's suck a thing as a codec pack, that allows Media Player Classic to open those videos.

Ice said:
I just use plain Windows Media player.
1. Because it's the default player, and I'm too lazy to change it to anything else.
2. Because I can't be bothered to get some new program, when I already have one there.
3. Because my computer can run it and SRB2 simultaniously with 0 Lag in a 10 player CTF game. (Toot tot sonic warrior, CK captured flag XD)

Itunes!! WMP just ****s up the sound and I dont like that also Itunes also could help make it sound better... If it wasn't for WMPs sound and all of Itunes features, I might of pick WMP.

Last edited:
Winamp for music, Media Player Classic for videos.

iTunes and WMP are incredibly bloated and generally painful to use.

I use WMP most of the time for music. I use Itunes for radio mostly plus for getting AAC files for my SD card to put in my DSi.

EDIT: Since the PSOBB soundtrack is in ogg files and WMP can't play the whole song, I have to be forced to use winamp.

I can honestly say that I can't remember the last time I used WMP. It must've been years ago.
I personally use RealPlayer, it loads quickly and it's easy to use. The only time I'll use iTunes, is to listen to music while I synchronize songs/photos etc. to my iPod.

tv_icons.PNG

I use XBMC both on Xbox and PC.

foobar2000 for the music, VLC for the video, mplayer classic also for video, and finally mplayer2 for midi/wav files

Itunes, I use the smart playlist and playlist folders a lot to organize sets of songs in playlists, sub-playlists and sub-sub-playlists
mostly it's two sets of folders, MTR aka My Top Rated, stuff I've marked with five stars, and NRY aka Not Rated Yet, new songs that I haven't rated yet.

The whole Itunes music library is 6070 songs, 12.2 days 39.44GB
The root MTR play lsit folder is only has 949 songs, 2 days, 5.97GB
and the root NRY play list folder as of now has 1466 songs, 1.7 days, 15.95GB

The music comes from the folder G:\music (76.6 GB) that is where we keep our family's music, along with copy on Alam's PC for backup/syncing/network playback.
There is a sub folder name Sorted for songs sorted through MusicBrainz to be correctly tag with ID2.4/UTF16 for MP3 files (there are also FLAC, and Apple lossless m4a files too in there), and placed into sub folders by artist and album.
Another folder call shared with sub-folder for each member of the family, for new songs they wish to be added in the music library.
Desorted for songs Sorted by hand with info not from MusicBrainz
and unsorted folder for albums I haven't not find verified information on.

I use Itunes DJ to do shuffle play with history tracking of on my two main play list folders, depending on if I want to to new music, or my favs.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Who is viewing this thread (Total: 1, Members: 0, Guests: 1)

Back