• Do not use Works in Progress as a way of avoiding the releases system! Works in Progress can be used for sharing early betas and for getting suggestions for improvement. Releases of finished content are not allowed in this forum! If you would like to submit a finished addon, click here for instructions on how to do so.

It's time for toaster's titanic technological triumphs (slow internet warning)

Status
Not open for further replies.
That would be a very interesting mechanic. It'd be fun to make him even more "easy mode" that way, but it'd be something we'd need to have a major discussion about.

As it is, I'm not even 100% certain this experiment'll be accepted - there's a lot of positive responses from casual people, but zero word from the members of the devteam specifically tuned into game design as their primary focus.

...Probably because she recorded it when the timer reached 0:70, and one loop of the animation takes less than a second? I'm having trouble seeing what would be so significant. ;y

Last edited:
Hmm...

Might want to replace those boulders with custom brick chunks, the change in detail doesn't look all that good.

I'm not making a Mario level myself, so no.

The object type is customisable, I just don't want to make extra assets when I'm testing code-side changes.

pfAefgt.gif

VRRRRRRRRRRRRRRR

As it is, I'm not even 100% certain this experiment'll be accepted - there's a lot of positive responses from casual people, but zero word from the members of the devteam specifically tuned into game design as their primary focus.

Coming from a Top Down developer, having this now would be amazing.

You guys're blowing me away, really

Also unfortunately all of this is being done on 2.2 internal, so even if it was accepted with 100% happiness you wouldn't get anything of this before release. Selectively porting the ice physics back to a hypothetical 2.1.16 might break backwards compatibility because of using the player.mo.movefactor (Lua syntax) mobj struct variable, which is probably already used for some custom mods since it was free, and also stuff like Metal Sonic's overdrive and Shadow's ice skating might behave differently.

We're not actually in the business of intentionally breaking stuff because it looks cool, despite what you think about 2.1.15.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Who is viewing this thread (Total: 1, Members: 0, Guests: 1)

Back