It's SRB2WoW! Get it while it's hot!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Eidolon

Developer
Sonic Team Junior
Kart Krew™️
Yeah, if you don't know the acronym "WoW" already since it infects everything it touches, either making a person hate it with almighty passion or love it with great addiction, it's World of Warcraft and you've been living under a rock for the past 7 years.

Run by me, with support by Logan and Alam (owners of the dedicated box srb2.org runs on) is a private realm for WoW for specifically the SRB2 Community. We have basically a high-rate blizzlike, and free junk for 80s. A plan for a (yet another) completely new campaign unique to the server is also under review.

If you are interested, visit the SRB2WoW Main Site (clicky) for more information. To play, you will have to have a World of Warcraft client at 3.0.8a/3.0.9 (WotLK included) with either enUS or enGB locale.

Our IRC channel is on the same network as #srb2fun; #srb2wow. We unfortunately do not have our relay bot anymore, so communication is not linked. However, if you need any support we can provide it there.

Update: 3.0.8a/9 connectivity added.

Actually Mystic cares not to partake in this effort. He spends too much time on his retail toons.

Oh. I guess I misunderstood what you mean by "retail toons".

So, I'm out-of-date on vocab. Blah.

Meh i would join but this computer isn't powerful enough to run world of warcraft and my lappy is down but i will join when i get it back up

mikesword221 said:
BlazingPhoenix said:
this is a private server, meaning it's free.
No you still need to make a account. And will this get rid of my characters on a different server?
No, you don't need to make an account.

It seems nobody understands. This realm is completely separate from the official realms. They share nothing in common, not the same databases, not the same anything. Your account is completely separate from retail servers and has nothing in common.

Odd timing, I just bought WoW!

One question though, is this against Blizzard's TOS to run/play on the server?

It brings a tear to my eye to see how many people bring down World of Warcraft for this reason or another, then to find they know nothing about it.

It's not illeagal unless you take away money from blizzard (No charging money to get to the private server), And you can play world of warcraft on 8 year old Graphics drives and get a decent framerate :/

mikesword said:
No you still need to make a account. And will this get rid of my characters on a different server?

Facepalm

luis90 said:
It's not illeagal unless you take away money from blizzard (No charging money to get to the private server), ...
It is against Blizzard's Terms of Use last I checked however. But, Blizzard has shown no legal aggression towards private realms likely because it would cost more just to shut down in a legal battle than to just let them stay.

It's a gray area on legality, however. I've always gone by this; if you've paid for your client by buying a retail copy of the game, you're not paying to use their services. You're using someone else's services, and even though backwards engineering of the client is against their ToS, the ToS only affects you when you use their services.

Either way Blizzard doesn't seem to care, even with some private realm groups having ten thousand users or more active at one time, so I wouldn't worry about it much.

EDIT: I'll add that I've played retail WoW since late 2005 and simultaneously have played and run servers for it on this very machine, and my account still hasn't even gotten a warning. I'm referring to The Warden if anyone is worrying about that.

Update! The Image Gallery, designed by Cue, is finished! You require an account on SRB2WoW to use it.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Who is viewing this thread (Total: 1, Members: 0, Guests: 1)

Back