Is XWE scrambling the sprites?

Status
Not open for further replies.

wysteria

I see it, I see it now!
I'm learning how to do character wads and I tried to edit the Rouge WAD Chrispy made as a base. When I changed a few things and added it on SRB2, it showed the End Level Sign and the Life Monitor whenever I start to move. I haven't changed the sprites yet. Also, when I stay still, the falling sprites show.

That is a problem with the Lowercase Lumps!
You can find more here!
You can change the Lowercase Lump names with the "SLumpEd.exe" Editor!

You can change the Lowercase Lump names with the "SLumpEd.exe" Editor!

Although whenever you load a wad with SlumpEd, it changes the lumps to all capitals. In XWE there is an option in Settings or view that says something like "Auto-capitalize" or something, and make sure that's unchecked.

Okay, I've done that. After modifying the file again there's this new file that says "(xwe)3040A53D.TMP". I don't know what to do with it, though.

EDIT: I finished GFZ1 with the WAD and I saw this on the console:

Code:
Warning: Mobj of type 83 with invalid sprite data (34) detected and removed.
Warning: Mobj of type 83 with invalid sprite data (34) detected and removed.
Warning: Mobj of type 67 with invalid sprite data (37) detected and removed.

---------- Post added at 10:36 AM ---------- Previous post was at 10:09 AM ----------

In XWE there is an option in Settings or view that says something like "Auto-capitalize" or something, and make sure that's unchecked.

Wait- you said Auto-capitalize must be unchecked right? Because the wiki said that it should be checked. I'm confused...

EDIT (2): Nevermind, I found out what was wrong. Auto-capitalize must be checked, while perform cleanup must be unchecked. Thanks to those who helped!

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.

Who is viewing this thread (Total: 1, Members: 0, Guests: 1)

Back