Is there too many coop servers online?

Status
Not open for further replies.
I'm a new user and found this topic while shifting through the forums.

I'm all for the match-o-thon thingy, even though I'd never participate. It's like the Adult Swim time for competitive players but Co-op shouldn't be BANNED! I LOVE co-op! And it's because I just love to help people! Good co-op players are less concerned with the levels and more concerned with helping their teammates and showing they can do a good job. That's important to us.

SonicMaster ((the contest-winner dude) Not cool, man! Not cool! Don't bash the co-op players just because a few are idiots and don't know how to work as a team.

I HIGHLY disagree with the games being boring just because there's 3 main levels. Dude that's why we HAVE level mods (though I've never made it through a Mystic Realms play fully in Co-op so it's still fun to me.) And yeah, some change is needed but it's still fun.

NO! No we should NOT limit it to 3 players because that would be a mess of problems. Main one: What if I wanna be Tails and someone's already taken it? Well then I'm leaving. And someone else might feel the same if Sonic were taken and the host didn't wanna change it. I do think co-op groups should be kept small though because it's easier for the leader to coordinate smaller groups (if any) and it's easier for people to keep track of their teammates if they run into trouble.

I understand after playing for a couple weeks why people think co-op games are stupid and for noobs but it's not the co-ops itself. It's the idiots that ruin it! The power-seekers that rush through levels and finish before the TEAM gets there instead of waiting for the last man to arrive. Main unspoken rule of any good co-op game: LEAVE NO MAN BEHIND. And there's alot of it on these servers. Some people even toss rings at eachother! What kind of team play is that? And then they kick you for dyeing too much GEE I wonder why. >.> But I guess I'm ranting now... My point is, there's no "I" in Team like there's no "ME" in Co-op. Everyone should look out for everyone else but people just aren' doing that.

My advice to any co-op lovers who are angry at some of the people posting to get rid of it: Can you really blame them for this? One good way to turn things around is to remember that co-op IS basically a roleplay but not the kind where you write a story. It's the kind where you play out your role. If you're Knuckles, your role might be to scout ahead or climb the heights to see if there's any danger around the corner or glide into skyward enemies that might attack your friends. If you're Tails your role is to airlift the less capable characters (like Sonic) over long distances or high places and collect the higher-up tokens. If you're Sonic your job is- ... Well, you're best at... well, you're important in some way, don't worry. ^_^;

And to add: Taking out character mods would be a bad thing for some of us. Maybe limiting the amount that can be added would help but not taking them out! I use a Tails mod to make him go faster, fly with better control and turn super with all the emeralds. (Why he's the slowest and can't turn super in the first place is beyond me.) All this makes the gaming experience better for me and anyone who uses Tails but is dissatisfied with how slow and hard to control he is. But also be aware I use ONE character wad. The most I've ever used at once is 4 and 1 was only on there because I wanted to see what it looked like (horrible) The others were well-done characters and mostly had different powers-effects for the variety. It's more a question of 'which' avatars should be allowed. I can't say for sure but I'm all for banning static avatars as they're pointless in an actiony-adventure game.

Nah, they shouldn't be banned. Sometimes I feel like I want to, though, because when I was on the MS, that was all there was, and it made it easier to RP. If people RP in Match, I can still have a bit of fun by shooting them all with Red Rings. That was just my being selfish.

Ehh s'ok. I understand... kinda.

I mean, from a competition-seeker's point of view I can see where it'd feel lonely and frustrating... I'd be distrought if all the Co-op games vanished so I see where you're going with it but I was hoping no one would actually try to ban it.

I think the problem is more that there isn't really a balance of game types ere and less that there are 1,000,000,000 noobs running around. And what I also think is the problem is that there aren't very MANY good co-op games running around. I think if people could act mature and actually knew what the word 'co-op' means then some of these could be fun even if they're the same levels 10 times over.

But seriously, I do believe it'd be alright to take a couple days from the year and dedicate them to other gametypes like Match-o-thon or Racing day or CTF Showdown XD I'll likely have some convenient other thing to do but I'll vouch for it specifically because I've seen there are less than 5% of the other stuff and it isn't fair to the people who like it.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Who is viewing this thread (Total: 1, Members: 0, Guests: 1)

Back