Is there something wrong with my video card?

Status
Not open for further replies.
What is this happening for? EDIT: in open GL

OGL-error.png

Is it my video card? This doesn't happen on my other PC. Is there something I can do to fix this? I use a N Vidia Video-118PCI 32 video card

I have not heard of that particular chipset from nVidia. Their dedicated hardware chipsets go by the name "GeForce" but what you have sounds like some kind of onboard graphics chipset. It seems as if there's no red in the image, which is a tad strange. Try updating your graphics drivers. If nothing else, you may have to get yourself a video card.

Hmm...Does this also happen in software? My cousins have a similar problem with one of their machines, but it lies within the monitor, as it won't display red. Or could your gamma/color possibly be set weirdly?

Start the game: go to Options -> Video Options... -> 3D Card Options... -> Gamma. You most likely set your Red value to 0, so set it to be equal with Green and Blue.

Then I'd probably blame your video card. Try downloading the latest drivers off Nvidia's website.

Open GL

My open GL is just the same but mine works in the 320 x 200 resolution. See if it gets better if you change the resoluiton to that (320 x 200).

The Geforce 2 MX200 is terrible, but it should play SRB2 alright in 640x400.

Solved. Some how, with out me doing anything whatsoever. My colors went normal. Why it was weird in the first place, I don't know. but it's fine now

Status
Not open for further replies.

Who is viewing this thread (Total: 1, Members: 0, Guests: 1)

Back