Is SEGA going to cancel Sonic the Hedgehog?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Scizor300 said:
If SEGA does cancel Sonic, I hope EA takes over

I'd rather not, we'd end up with the same game every year then, just with updated <strike>teams</strike> characters and better graphics.

They'd be more likely to fire all their development teams and outsource to people who actually know what they're doing than get rid of the only franchise they have left with real mainstream recognition.

Cue said:
Scizor300 said:
If SEGA does cancel Sonic, I hope EA takes over

I'd rather not, we'd end up with the same game every year then, just with updated <strike>teams</strike> characters and better graphics.

Isn't that exactly what they did with the sonic handhelds anyway.

not really, they actually decided to make a new storyline, levels, special stages. Its nothing like EA's efforts who just paste shiny graphics, add 2 or 3 footballers, a few stadiums then call it a day every year. no game play changes, the only real improvement would be the inclusion of online play and the create your own footballer.
(please bare in mind that I never actually played any of these games, I'm only going on what I have seen people playing on there laptops)

Also keep in mind that the general formula for each game is different. Whereas Sonic Advance 1 works very much like the classics, Sonic Advance 2 is more speed-based with tricks and a new boss formula thrown in, and Sonic Advance 3 is the Sonic Chaotix of the Gameboy Advance.

My thoughts on all this needs darker story business,

I'm sure I'm in the minority here,

But I'd prefer it if they cut out the story crap all together. Its not believable/downright absurd. It's boring. It interrupts the gameplay. The voice acting is always atrocious. Most importantly, its unnecessary.

For that matter to hell with all the unnecessary characters and dialog too, I'd rather see them get rid of all the characters but the power trio ( Sonic, Tails, and Knuckles ) and Robotnik, and I don't wanna hear a single one of them talk or do anything other than gesture and interact with there environment.

JiMinitaur said:
My thoughts on all this needs darker story business,

I'm sure I'm in the minority here,

But I'd prefer it if they cut out the story crap all together. Its not believable/downright absurd. It's boring. It interrupts the gameplay. The voice acting is always atrocious. Most importantly, its unnecessary.

For that matter to hell with all the unnecessary characters and dialog too, I'd rather see them get rid of all the characters but the power trio ( Sonic, Tails, and Knuckles ) and Robotnik, and I don't wanna hear a single one of them talk or do anything other than gesture and interact with there environment.

Well, I personally don't mind them talking ((in cut scenes that is..)), but making a game like that would be a refresher.SRB2 being the perfect example.

The main problem really was that Hirokazu_Yashuhara left.
Sonic DX And Adventure 2 Battle Kicked but.

Sonic Unleashed would have been a greater success though if:
Multiplayer Mode;
Super Sonic In Normal Levels;
Shadow, Knux, Tails, Amy etc in the game;
Taken out some of the werehog stages;
Maybe had an Xbox Live multiplayer or something.

daiches99 said:

Multiplayer Mode;

I was thinking about that one day. True, they should of added in a multiplayer/Live option at least. The only thing they could of done was make the races similar to Sonic the hedgehog 2 and take out the boost.

Django Urikashima said:
If Sonic is Dropped from Sega, I seriously hope Nintendo takes him.

I mean, call it irony, but I had the most fun playing Sonic in a game that wasn't made by Sega.
It was probably SSBB love that game!
Same here I also had the most fun playing a game that wasn't made by sega

Scizor300 said:
If SEGA does cancel Sonic, I hope Nintendo takes over

Fixed.

Also, Why is this Still in the General Discussion? This is related to a VIDEO GAME SERIES, And we have a board for that.

Me i think all sonic game are good because each one give'S a new experience. Sure not anyone will love all the sonic games. Anyway there is still alot of people like sonic game's then those who dislike them.

shawntails said:
Me i think all sonic game are good because each one give'S a new experience. Sure not anyone will love all the sonic games. Anyway there is still alot of people like sonic game's then those who dislike them.

What you say is true, but lets remember that if sega wants to give sonic the true comeback, they need to wake up and focus less on comming up with new formulas for sonic and go on mario's terms.

By that I mean return to the old formula which has been asked for for YEARS, but dashed out by the fanboy community or complained.

daiches99 said:

Multiplayer Mode;

Tails and Amy ARE in the game.
SS on normal levels is stupid, what is the point of having him when Sonic already beats all enemies, also, I woudn't like to see a Super Sonic the Werehog. There is 1 Werehog stage by each 3 Hedgehog stage, like in Spagonia, 3 daytime stages and 1 nightime, plus a daytime boss and missions, multiplayer would be unsopported, the day levels are too fast and night levels have too many design, but I would like to have a Ranking Board online, though.

Also, TrueTenguMan, Sonic Unleashed is fast plataforming and even has 2D areas, (PS3, not the Wii).

If SEGA stops making Sonic games, I hope they give him to Dimps. They have proved they can make a good Sonic game quite a few times. (I question Unleashed, apparently the reviewers liked it)

Sonnarkku said:
TrueTenguMan, Sonic Unleashed is fast plataforming and even has 2D areas.

Emphasis on fast my friend. But thats not the Original formula mind you. Lots of people have mentioned countless times that sonic is not about speed. Which is why Sonic advance 2 was disliked. The area setup was nice, but there was only slight platforming. Everything else could be passed by homming & boosting. And drifting stages?? This isn't Need for speed or Midnight club. I died more from drifting on skinny roads than falling normally. Thats not platforming, thats racing with sonic.

And the 2D areas? Yea I played them, at least they got somthing right there. But that doesn't excuse Sonic's current speed. It's highly inconsistent with the 2D stages. Play Sonic, sonic 2 or 3 and then compare it with unleashed. If you get the picture by then, you would see that his speed makes things frustrating, they needed to take out the boost and slow him down if they wanted a true 2D stage feel.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Who is viewing this thread (Total: 1, Members: 0, Guests: 1)

Back