Is making your own master server possible?

No I don't think making your own master server is possible at all, the master server is putting a bunch of connections into one room and I don't think making one is possible

Well, there is a reason it’s called the Master Server. You can host your own games and hand out the IP address to your friends though

I mean a master server, not a server on the master server

---------- Post added at 07:49 PM ---------- Previous post was at 07:48 PM ----------

No I don't think making your own master server is possible at all, the master server is putting a bunch of connections into one room and I don't think making one is possible
They must have made the one we have now somehow, right?

---------- Post added at 07:49 PM ---------- Previous post was at 07:48 PM ----------

They must have made the one we have now somehow, right?[/QUOTE]

Of Course! However it did take a lot of time to form it though

The Master Server is something that takes care of everything SRB2 related. That’s why Netgames are usually disabled whenever the MB is down

I used to have my own server, in a completely edited version of SRB2 which I had made with some years ago; though the game was completely edited to resemble a different version and even had extra characters and abilities - we had to recompile SRB2 to make it happen, maybe it's kinda was another game?

I used to have my own server, in a completely edited version of SRB2 which I had made with some years ago; though the game was completely edited to resemble a different version and even had extra characters and abilities - we had to recompile SRB2 to make it happen, maybe it's kinda was another game?

Was your server visible on the MB?

It *is* possible to create your own master server, yes.
How to do it is still a mystery to everyone, last time I checked.

Why do you want to create one?

It's absolutely possible to make your own master server. In Options > Server Options, at the very bottom of the page you can set the address of your game's master server to whatever you want. The default is srb2.org of course, and no other master servers exist, but it's possible.

Who is viewing this thread (Total: 1, Members: 0, Guests: 1)

Back