Is it possible to "Join Game (Internet) in Sonic Robo Blast 2 version 2.0.7 (Marriage Edition)

I have a dumb theory but maybe if u cinnect urself to the right ls u might be able

Last edited:
Yes you can join netgames in ME, though the MS that was used is very old so the only way to join is to enter the persons IP. Before someone asks, yes you can also join netgames with the IP in 1.09.4 also.

As a oldbie who saw 2.1 get silently launched (this was pre-Discord, if you didn't know), there were several people who were still playing on 2.0.7 as 2.1 was released in 2014 (the 2.1's torrent speeds were infamously slow). Fast forward to about 2017, and I played a single match of coop with someone who was still hosting 2.0.7 games. So yes, 2.0 netgames are and in fact STILL possible to launch (even if no one is willing to play 2.0 anymore).

It's 1.09.4 that you WILL have issues with: the MS for that one has long shit the bed and died after almost two decades, and you can only use a IP for 1.09.4. SMS/Golden Shine learnt this the hard way when he hosted SMS Events all of those years ago.

The real question is are there anyone in 2021 willing to launch up a match of Sapphire Falls Zone in 2.0, let alone have the patience to deal with the godawful C-failing? I have not seen a single 2.0 match ever since...

You can't host on MS because it changed protocol but before that change you could host on 2.0.7, 2.1.25 and 2.2 current without much issues.

Who is viewing this thread (Total: 1, Members: 0, Guests: 1)

Back