Is it possible to change the tunes of a map?

Status
Not open for further replies.

SuperSonicStar*

イㄖㄛㄋㄙㄊ&#
Hi~

I've been wondering is it possible to change the tunes of the map without changing them in the console. For example, using tunes 40 for a CTF map. Tunes 40 would automatically start each time I go to the map.

If it's possible to do, please inform me on how.

I think SuperSonicStar is talking about srb2's maps, not custom maps. That wouldn't be possible without modifying the game with a WAD.

Q: Is it possible to change the tunes of a map?
A: YES!

It is possible via script and doesn't modify the game. But it's not automatic.

Create a txt file and write:

BIND M "TUNES 40"
Save it in SRB2 folder. Rename it to, say, mytunes.txt.

In autoexec.cfg, add:

EXEC "mytunes.txt"
Now, everytime you start SRB2 up, the mytunes.txt is loaded. Then, you can press "M", and the music is changed to TUNES 40.

Last edited:
A: YES!

It is possible via script and doesn't modify the game. But it's not automatic.

Create a txt file and write:

Save it in SRB2 folder. Rename it to, say, mytunes.txt.

In autoexec.cfg, add:

Now, everytime you start SRB2 up, the mytunes.txt is loaded. Then, you can press "M", and the music is changed to TUNES 40.

I've already done that. I have 4 binds in which are tunes. What I'm saying is, for example: Silver Casade Zone.
Tunes 40 plays

You can actually edit music.dta and change the music directly there. That does not modify the game either.

Open up music.dta and replace the music file with the music you'd like to hear in its place. It works the same way as adding music to the game normally.

But that causes every map that uses that track to use the new one, which may not be what he wants.

I think he wants to be able to set the musicslot for a specific stage without actually altering the level header.

Which you can't do without modifying the game. I proposed the closest thing to what he wants that does work.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Who is viewing this thread (Total: 1, Members: 0, Guests: 1)

Back