Is it just me, or are n00bs getting on your nerves?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Forum IQ is rising?

I DO treat n00bs like slaves... only when needed. I've never met a n00b on SRB2... yet... >_>
As long as they're under control, it's fine.

Chaos said:
5) Grab a bunch of people and then we gang up on the noob just to bother him. I remember that Murphy guy. He was a faggot, so we'd all flame, insult, spam his inbox, and crap like that. It's just so fun.
Disgusting. Chaos, if you don't like n00bs, leave them be. If you find a faggot, LEAVE IT ALONE. Case closed.

I don't like when noobs think that just because they think that they are right makes them right. Some people ban you from things when you prove them wrong.

Yes, but that still gives you no right to treat them like crap. Unless they're trolls, which you beat up, you should try and educate them.

This is what I do with n00bs which are willing to learn: Teach them. I usually give them tips on how to play better. EX: Strafe a lot, don't fire randomly you never hit people that way (usually), use mouse if you can, etc...
To n00bs that don't want to learn and spam a lot, Use the ;verify [number]; glitch to confuse them.

Most times, noobs just go and think that they are cool and that "the forum's rools suck lol because gramer is important."

Chaos, even if they're being ignorant and doing whatever the hell they want, are you any better for treating them in the way you had described earlier? There are different ways to deal with people like that, but hate isn't one of them.

What makes you think you have the right to even say such a thing just because they don't know how to type or follow rules? I feel as if your awful comment:

Chaos said:
5) Grab a bunch of people and then we gang up on the noob just to bother him. I remember that Murphy guy. He was a faggot, so we'd all flame, insult, spam his inbox, and crap like that. It's just so fun.

...has some relation to an influential event in your life that caused you believe that this was an okay thing to do; evidently, it is not. I also want to ask: Why you aren't engaging anyone's comments on this disgusting thing you had said? All you're adding is vacuous prattle that supports your obvious attempts to evade any situation that requires you to explain any sort of reason that would cause you to say this.

Blade T. vampire said:
You and your damn walls of text...

Try reading some time instead of the ignorant "tl;dr".

on Edge said:
The sad thing is that this topic has attracted n00bs. I feel the forum's IQ rising but not really.

You're one to talk; all you did was copy me a while ago and just quote rules without actually saying anything. That calls for self-inflationary crap, and just turns into trolling. Anyone can do that; all you do is spectate! If you want any sort of improvement, actually get involved instead of acting like everyone is 'inferior' to you or is 'less intelligent' than you. If you had noticed, being an elitist bastard is JUST AS BAD as being a ******* noob. If you cannot realize that, then get involved, or don't say anything. Do you think it helps (or even effects the board) when you do that? Haha, no, it doesn't. You're wasting your time.

Posting that as a joke or some sort of twisted mind game (which a lot of people claim to do very often on the internet) is just sick. You should be ashamed of saying that; the reason why you said it doesn't matter.

Was it worth it to see a bunch of people get all wound up about your funny little comment? Really? Was it? Listen, if you want to be a ******* prick, do it on your own forum. I mean, why do you even get pleasure from doing this kind of messed up ****? Doesn't it even occur to you that stuff like this is actually said by real people in the real world, and that it really offends people? Knowing that (and come on, you know it's bound to make at least one person retaliate to what you had written), you knew it would cause a spark. What do sparks lead to? Flames. Doing so is being a troll, right? And like I said:

Ash said:
Trolls are considered noobs, too.

I don't know; it may be acceptable at 72dpiarmy, but I'm sure as hell that it's not accepted here (or at the very least, looked down upon in shame, infamy, etc. etc.).

Ash said:
Doesn't it even occur to you that stuff like this is actually said by real people in the real world, and that it really offends people?

Yeah; Ash is right, it does hurt to hear stuff like that after you get called it alot because your whole town is almost homophobic. *ahmen*

I don't want to argue and flame, but that joke...was certainly not funny...I'm sure it offended some people, including myself. >_<

Meh, rant over, I guess.
On topic, I just hate the people who call people noobs for no reason.
I got called a noob because I had a headache. XD

Chaos said:
Wow. You're an asshole, Chaos. Congratulations.

Anyhow, this has been mentioned time and time again, and the same response always comes out. I've been sick the past few days and haven't noticed this, but obvious lock.

As communities grow, idiots will increase. There's always going to be backlash to that fact. While we try to keep it under control, it should be obvious that the scale of the problem is far beyond what we're capable of dealing with. I wouldn't let it bother you too much.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Who is viewing this thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Back