Is it just me, or are n00bs getting on your nerves?

Status
Not open for further replies.
...'Cause they're getting on mine...

I've seen a lot of "OMG I'M SAWNIKZ!!!" in my time in reporting servers, I've seen a lot of "who da **** r u?" in my time of browsing YouTube comments, and I've seen a lot of "OMG I'M STUK, PLZ HALP MEEEE!!!!!!!". Only recently do they seem to eat at my soul. Every time I see a sentence on the internet with no regard to proper grammar, I want to go to the persons house, grab their keyboard, crap on it, crack it half, and throw it into a blender, and soon after give them a solid lecture on how grammar is good. I find it very sad that I'm the only one on my MSN contact list that uses proper grammar. Even sadder is the fact that some of these people that don't care fro grammar are old as... Well.. I don't know exactly, but many of them are adults. Probably worse is their stupidity. They can't seem to figure out when they've been beat, they ask the stupidest questions, and many of them are complete assholes. Did I mention that they seem to have no respect for the rules of anything? I've really had enough. I can't wait until others feel this way and start getting rid of the idiots on the internet. In our situation, we could probably use a "Ban stupid idiots on sight" rule. In my mind, these people just seem to be retards who can't live with real life, thus falling back on the internet hoping they can make themselves cool. Sadly, this makes their ego much bigger, and of gives them a feeling of greatness over others, making them think they can get away with anything.

So in short, I hate idiots.

Post your thoughts on n00bs here.

(Yay, my first "Ash like" post!)

Yeah, complaining will get you nowhere. This just looks like an attempt to follow those who have bitched about it before.

I'm so very tempted to say "wannabe" here, but Ash sorta falls under that category himself. =P

Well, n00bs are n00bs, and without a grammar bomb which is psychically impossible; we aren't getting nowhere sadly, but as Spazzo said:

Spazzo said:
Yeah, complaining will get you nowhere.

Chaos Knux said:
I got on my own nerves a lot. That's why I broke free of the hive-mind.

Wait, I thought resistance was futile....did Locutus mess with the directive of the Borg again? Perhaps you're just waiting for a comrad to find you, take out the important organs, and have you dissipate into thin air. Whatever the case may be, good luck breaking out of the interdependent cycle of THE BORG

Spazzo said:
Wait, I thought resistance was futile....did Locutus mess with the directive of the Borg again? Perhaps you're just waiting for a comrad to find you, take out the important organs, and have you dissipate into thin air.
... What the...

Um... What are the BORG? and who is Lucutus?

I'm talking about the n00b hive-mind.

They...we...they have a single consciousness. But there are too many of them...us...them and the intelligence was divided among them..us...them. Resulting in their...our...their apparent idiocy. destroy them and we...they slowly gain intelligence. Sorry, I still link to the hive-mind momentarily from time to time. I really need to gain control over that.

To tell the truth Noobs are something I dont really care about. But without noobs people would be getting on each other's nerve to me.

The noobs tend to do things that we dont like. That is why they beg and beg and curse us out for no f***ing reason but complaining isn't going to get us anywhere.... Also if it weren't so many noobs then people would come to us and say lets do this and lets do that things that would break the rules...

mikesword221 said:
I use n00bs as a vent for my anger. But when I'm not mad I just leave them be.

Look who's talking; sigh.

Spazzo said:
I'm so very tempted to say "wannabe" here, but Ash sorta falls under that category himself. =P

Trolls are considered noobs, too.

Anyway, the problem is actually being contained properly; it's just that we can't seem to handle the pace of the growing community efficiently. As Spazzo said, complaining will get you nowhere. If you want action, take action and help. If you see something bad, REPORT IT. It's pretty simple... If you feel so inclined to do so. Speaking of reporting, there's a PHPBB mod that adds a 'report post' button to posts; that'd make all of the problems solved quicker (in theory, that is, if no one abuses it). It's difficult to withhold your frustration over a 'noob moment', I know, but instead of showing off how big your brain (or dare I say: e-penis) is by proving them wrong wont do anything if you don't know what you're saying. I could post a really long reply in the presence of someone asking "how do I jump", but I know it wouldn't get me anywhere, because if a noob is that stupid, that ignorant, you shouldn't even waste your time (to explain why I might do it: I want my thoughts and opinions on the matter at hand to be noticed by my peers; you guys; you have more of an influence than anything else here).

You have to remember though, sometimes it's age differences. I used to be one of the most annoying noobs ever. Seriously. I'd use annoying phrases such as 't3h yayT' 'zomglawl' etc., but I had an excuse; I was 9 or 10-ish. Obviously I wasn't going to get anywhere acting like that, so I got banned (it was inevitable). Usually after one ban, noobs start to realize their issues; the noobs that actually have a chance, anyway, and if you think about it: Realization is one part of success. If they can realize their problems, then they can fix them. Another part of success is how you execute. If the noob is unable to adapt to the times and get with the program, then they get banned again, and again, etc. (unless it's a system like ours (permanent being a luxury)). Face it. Noobs are human just like us. All humans have the potential to excel in one way or another, and they can always improve. Looking at it this way is just an easier way to pick the bad apples out of the good ones; if they have a chance, they'll pony up to the plate and become sensible; if they have no chance at all, then just say a solemn good-bye, and end it. There's not much else to it.

Besides, we don't even have that many really annoying, ban-deserving noobs at the moment. You might be able to name a few, but I feel as if they can do it if they try. Even though we don't have noobs, we still have ignorant people, asses, egotists, and more. If you think noobs are the only problem, you need to look around. I can name at least a dozen at the top of my head, but I wont for the sake of this topic not turning into some sort of flame war. But think about it; if noobs were the only problem, wouldn't we be better off? A quick banning and that's the end. Sadly, no, that's not it. There's more to it than noobs, but noobs could be considered to be the most annoying problem by some, but there are other's just as bad as noobs; thost people being people hiding in some sort of shell that gives them the appearance of another type of person. Noobs I can't really pity, or even care for... I don't even find them annoying or stupid. I hope for the best for them, and watch what happens in the sidelines. It's not a big enough issue for me (and preferably all of you complaining about the problem) to get deep into.

But, in the event we actually get close to solving (or actually solve) the noob problem, let's deal with the other ones next! We can get rid of ignorance, right? I don't care if it's bliss, it needs to be eradicated. =P

Our Carlos Mencia said:
Usually after one ban, noobs start to realize their issues; the noobs that actually have a chance, anyway, and if you think about it: Realization is one part of success. If they can realize their problems, then they can fix them.

True that. I took a couple more than one ban to realize it, but now I am a recovering n00b.

I do sometimes relapse. Mostly on netgames when I get ****ed off. (No that is not the F-bomb.) oh and...

*Copies Ash's essay into Word*

I needed something to turn in to my English teacher. Thank you. *murdered*

Earuto said:
To tell the truth Noobs are something I dont really care about. But without noobs people would be getting on each other's nerve to me.

The noobs tend to do things that we dont like. That is why they beg and beg and curse us out for no f***ing reason but complaining isn't going to get us anywhere.... Also if it weren't so many noobs then people would come to us and say lets do this and lets do that things that would break the rules...
Quoted Post Ftw , Put it short, if we dident have nOObs The Internet would probaly be boring.

Noobs are fun to see them have bad things happen. Then I laugh at them. They're so fun to tease, too.

In netgames, I always:

1) Gain their trust just so I can ban them from my own server
2) Own them in match
3) Do things even when I'm told not to
4) Spam their servers
5) Grab a bunch of people and then we gang up on the noob just to bother him. I remember that Murphy guy. He was a faggot, so we'd all flame, insult, spam his inbox, and crap like that. It's just so fun.

Chaos said:
In netgames, I always:

1) Gain their trust just so I can ban them from my own server
2) Own them in match
3) Do things even when I'm told not to
4) Spam their servers
5) Grab a bunch of people and then we gang up on the noob just to bother him. I remember that Murphy guy. He was a faggot, so we'd all flame, insult, spam his inbox, and crap like that. It's just so fun.
Agreed. But you forgot constantly begging to be verified then banning their asses.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Who is viewing this thread (Total: 1, Members: 0, Guests: 1)

Back