iPhone port...?

Status
Not open for further replies.
iPad Port

Well, even though you need a keyboard for SRb2 and it may be a pain to pull the in-built keyboard up and down again but the Ipad haas the keyboard accessory (via Bluetooth) so mabye it can work for the Ipad

Last edited:
Tilting would make playing rather difficult

Some might prefer the tilt option feature, besides some people might want to move on the dime, it could be a useful tool for precision movement, like doing circles on the wall with knuckles, it could easily be placed like a joystick control.

Though I once considered this possibility. Sega would sue stjr, all the mb members, all the wiki members, all of the above's families, their extended families...... you get the picture.

You're kidding.. right? It could not sue it's members, for they never did such a thing. And besides, there is a disclaimer in the exit splash. However I'm sure Apple would fear the app infringing a copyright, but if you talk to them about the disclaimers they might just understand. What about all the unofficial guides for all those games out there?

Last edited:
Though I once considered this possibility. Sega would sue stjr, all the mb members, all the wiki members, all of the above's families, their extended families...... you get the picture.
Not unless if its under a different name with different character names.

Or in fact, if there is a Doom app, mabye one of our members who ports stuff for other consoles
*coughsCallamcoughs*
can modify the app for it and release a patch for that modded Doom that contains SRB2 physics, IWAD, FOFS, & etc..

No....

I don't think this should be done simply because:
1. It's an iPhone.
2. Were talking about putting a good game on the now very very crappy iPhone.

EDIT: I removed what i said after this because Logan seems to hate me >.<

Oh and BTW, I do know how to add repos Logan, I just couldn't find where they were posted since the downloads in www.srb2.org are very misleading.

Last edited:
1)
If we are going to port SRB2 to iPhone, then someone needs to fix the links for the ports for linux, mac and other Operating Systems.

the linux port links works for me, I don't know what is wrong with your computer, network connection, or [SIZE=+1]your brain[/SIZE], mostly likely due to a failure of following the directions Alam wrote on how to add his repos onto your system. (or maybe it a bit from all three).

2) being an iPhone developer would me I would have to pay 100 bucks a year for the right to load on a iPhone, if I had one
hint: I don't own a iPhone

3) I would need to go thur Apple App approval process
and this would fail due to using SEGA's copyrighted works

4) Do you really want to play a keyboard and mouse based on a mobile device without such input devices?

good night, I'm out

Number 2 would be solved by the fact that I'll probably have a license within the next year anyways, but number 3 is the real problem not to mention the fact that the whole thing would need to be rewritten in Objective-C.

Number 2 would be solved by the fact that I'll probably have a license within the next year anyways, but number 3 is the real problem not to mention the fact that the whole thing would need to be rewritten in Objective-C.

Only the entry point needs to be in Obj-C for IOS/OS X ( think main() )

Darn, I was hoping this could happen. After my PC broke(coincidentally, I'm typing with my iPod Touch), I want as many alternates as possible. The Wii version barely works for me (check out the thread), so my iPod (or a PS2) are the only two things that I could use for SRB2. Oh, yeah, if an iPod can run Doom, Duke Nukem 3D, Rayman 2 (Dreamcast), and Call of Duty: Zombies, I am sure SRB2 would work on there.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Who is viewing this thread (Total: 2, Members: 0, Guests: 2)

Back