Important-platforms SRB2 will never appear on

Status
Not open for further replies.
But they'll also cost $500 to $800. (Microsoft Origami)

Just joking, I'm pretty sure that's initial ideas for production costs, not the purchase itself. Though if production's that high, I'm sure it'll cost a good chunk more than the PSP.

SSNTails said:
Don't worry. By the time 1.1 comes out, the next generation of handhelds will be here, and they will have more than enough power and memory to run SRB2.

*screams frantically*

It will probably never be on the PSP, simply because no one here cares about it.

Bigboi said:
It will probably never be on the PSP, simply because no one here cares about it.

well, yea, you're right, who has a PSP, an GCC-based PSP toolchain and basic programing skills? afterall, the real smart people don't have PSPs :wink:

Er... well at least I haven't got a PSP right now *shot to make him not get one (like thats going to work)*

I am getting one though 8)

I have got a DS though.

As for porting to the DS the bottom screen might make it crash.

Top screen; Cool i am playing srb2
Bottom screen; Oh nos11 I've gone glitchy.

And the DS crashs.

Just wondering how the touchscreen could be used?

*gets taken to noob land :eek: .

eh. Does anyone think it would be possible to port SRB2 to the revolution? That remote thing might be good for aiming...

Prime 2.0 said:
eh. Does anyone think it would be possible to port SRB2 to the revolution? That remote thing might be good for aiming...
yes, it is possible to port it to the revolution, it's just a more powerful version of the gamecube, hardware side, but it will take a while for homebrewers to make code soo that it can use the remote.

yup, and what's more is that the gamecube itself was more powerful than the dreamcast... hey, it may be possible that SRB2 could get ported to the revolution without any downgrading!

I could see a way of making this work.... The engine would have to be recoded. But they got doom 1 onto the GBA so there is a possibility if we could some how get a gba cartridge to read and write faster than we would a have 128Mb block of page space to use than the DS cartridge could store the game and the main levels but this would take some time to work with.

There is absolutely no way SRB2 could ever work on GBA. Doom uses a LOT less system resources than SRB2.

We are not talking about the GBA, we talking about the DS and would have to happen to mac SRB2 work on it I just mention the DOOM for GBA as a example. But do to the minimum prosecor speed we would need to cut the engine down to the most minimal that we could.

Is there any chance it could run on a GP2X? It can run Doom and Quake well enough, bet someone with some coding experience could crunch SRB2 into one of these!

newblack.gif

It's early days yet for this handheld and, at present, it does lack the PSP's online but, as its open source, could soon change. :)

you know, since it doesn't take as much ram to run SRB2, a DS port might be possible if there is some downgrading(and if the player is using the GBA ram card).

Bouncey said:
Is there any chance it could run on a GP2X? It can run Doom and Quake well enough, bet someone with some coding experience could crunch SRB2 into one of these!
there is/was a GP2X port, but I have not seen the guy in a long while (I'm only only helping the person, I don't have a GP2X myself)
If anyone want to take over the GP2X port, well, PM me in IRC

Prime 2.0 said:
you know, since it doesn't take as much ram to run SRB2, a DS port might be possible if there is some downgrading(and if the player is using the GBA ram card).
Please read my rant about why there will be no SRB2 for DS here: http://sepwich.com/ssntails/mb/viewtopic.php?p=55171#55171

Yes. Seriously, guys.

You can't make a memory card into a fast, practical RAM device. It's just not possible. :P The speed differences between the two kinds of memory are enormous.

How fast is a GBA cart when it comes to addressing? I know that someone said it only could do 16-bits at once but how many times per second?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Who is viewing this thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Back