Impersonation

Status
Not open for further replies.
Apparently somebody with my name, or a name very similar to mine, has been playing SRB2 online, and now I'm getting quite a few PMs and junk about it. I think it's an impersonator, as apparently this guy has given the okay for people to use SASRB2 materials (as seen in sonicfreak94's topic from a few weeks back).

Let it be known that I rarely, if ever, play SRB2 online. If you see a "Blaze" playing in your SRB2 game, it is not me.

Thanks.

Frikkin bump :roll: . Anyways what I do is not really believe if they say they are someone of "importance" to the game like say someone is posing as SSNTails I ask them a question that only he would know. I told my friend Zach to do this same kind of thing on a different game (Doom) because he saw someone with the name Mystic "bragging" that he made SRB2. Was it Mystic I don't know but to be sure ask questions only they would know like what is your real name or something.

Basically, if they're bragging about how they made the game, then they aren't me. I mean, this should be common sense. They're doing it to get attention, and are taking a well-known name and trying to get you to pay attention. I don't try to get attention, I just play the game. I feel the scoreboard is all the attention I need when playing SRB2.

Feh. I played a nicknamed "Sonic the Hedgehog" who claimed to have majorly contributed to SRB2. It was clear he was lying, as he didn't give any evidence to back up his argument.

Blaze, I don't know if this problem is solved yet, but if you feel you would want to, just tell us your I.P. address. Every IP is different, so we can see if he's an imposter if his IP doesn't match.

We can already get his IP on this board. Though, it's recently changed before he posted here just now, so we need to get a recent IP from the imposter if it is to be accurate.

That's actually funny that the "real" Blaze mentioned that. I came across this "other" Blaze and specifically asked him...
"Are you thee Blaze?"
His response was a simple: "Huh?"

Ok, I met this 'Blaze' in one of my netgames, and he actually claimed he was not the blaze on the fourms. However, I forget WHAT nickname he changed to. I think he became Darkk. :P

I don't think it's an impersonation, bear in mind that any uncreative nickname like Blaze is bound to have other people using it.

That's actually pretty true. I'd be pretty suspicious if someone used "BlueWarrior" at the same place as me, though. :\

Tapika the fox said:
Ok, I met this 'Blaze' in one of my netgames, and he actually claimed he was not the blaze on the fourms. However, I forget WHAT nickname he changed to. I think he became Darkk. :P

"Darkk"?

Umm, no. There's so many users with the name "Dark" in them that it's impossible to actually make an accurate link between any two, so stop associating random people with each other. It's something I especially hate, as you can see in my signature.

foxes.png

Status
Not open for further replies.

Who is viewing this thread (Total: 1, Members: 0, Guests: 1)

Back