im going to be honest i dont like Sonic 1

I think that Sonic 1 is still a pretty enjoyable experience, it is just that the games that came afterwards have more to offer, because they expended upon what they made in Sonic 1.
Let's not forget that Sonic 1 is...the first. not everything will be perfect, since they just built the foundation of what Sonic should be, and for first impressions? I think it does a great job.
Sure some zones like Marble and labyrinth are painfully slow, but there are still some other levels like Star Light, Spring Yard and Green Hill that can give the rush of going fast as Sonic, and I think all of the acts have decent platforming.

It was just the first game. You're never going to get it 100% right on the first try.

That said, gamers in general let alone Sonic fans today have the poorest, poorest, poorest mindset on how to deal with something that does not meet technical standards, and I feel you don't need to write a 10,000 word essay to explain why.

Gamers in general let alone Sonic fans today have the poorest, poorest, poorest mindset on how to deal with something that does not meet technical standards
Now this is actually very true. This was something i had an issue with when i was in 8th Grade back in the day, and my friends were disliking retro video games just becuase "graphics look like Alpha versions of Minecraft".
I know this may sound like "teenager wants to make some other person believe in the latter's opinion, otherwise they dis-aproove their opinion" situation, but it should be non-existant here because we wouldn't have what we currently do have WITHOUT those retro classics. They all are sayin' Fortnite, Stumble Guys and whatnot is a "classic", when the real classics get hated for "looking trash".

This is a prominent thing with Sonic 1 especially, since it introduced a fast and explorative playstyle that Mario and Mega Man can only dream of. Gamers nowdays, when they have some fast paced and explorative game, they dislike Sonic 1 for being the first to do even allow you having similliar titles.

Now this is actually very true. This was something i had an issue with when i was in 8th Grade back in the day, and my friends were disliking retro video games just becuase "graphics look like Alpha versions of Minecraft".
I know this may sound like "teenager wants to make some other person believe in the latter's opinion, otherwise they dis-aproove their opinion" situation, but it should be non-existant here because we wouldn't have what we currently do have WITHOUT those retro classics. They all are sayin' Fortnite, Stumble Guys and whatnot is a "classic", when the real classics get hated for "looking trash".

This is a prominent thing with Sonic 1 especially, since it introduced a fast and explorative playstyle that Mario and Mega Man can only dream of. Gamers nowdays, when they have some fast paced and explorative game, they dislike Sonic 1 for being the first to do even allow you having similliar titles.

Not really what I meant, but technical quality is a severely overrated aspect.

Sonic 1 is underrated severely. The zones give off perfect looking backdrops, the graphics we're way ahead of their time, the gameplay changes with each zone, and the ending looks AMAZING!

Saying Sonic 1 is mid is like saying the first Super Mario game is mid (I mean, it's true) but still, I pretty sure this is just a common thing, (not a hot take) to many first games in popular video game franchises

Sonic 1 is underrated severely. The zones give off perfect looking backdrops, the graphics we're way ahead of their time, the gameplay changes with each zone, and the ending looks AMAZING!
Ngl I think Sonic 1 is overrated, It of course started the franchise and defined the mechanics of the series. But on it's own, The sequel blows it out of the water in every way. Every zone after Green Hill is fine to trash. I wouldn't play it more than once

Saying Sonic 1 is mid is like saying the first Super Mario game is mid
Not really, IMO. Saying SMB1 is mid is closer to saying Sonic CD is mid. The reason people don't like Sonic 1 is because it has a lot of annoying quirks that got ironed out in the sequels, meanwhile Sonic CD is divisive because it offers a different style of gameplay to its successors, and the people who dislike it either weren't aware they were supposed to be playing it differently in the first place or just prefer the faster pace of later games. SMB1 is a lot more kindly looked upon than Sonic 1 to my knowledge, but if you glue your fingers to the right and run buttons in SMB1, everything just kinda starts to make sense. There's a reason that aspect of SMB1 went on to inspire the entire Sonic series.

Not really, IMO. Saying SMB1 is mid is closer to saying Sonic CD is mid. The reason people don't like Sonic 1 is because it has a lot of annoying quirks that got ironed out in the sequels, meanwhile Sonic CD is divisive because it offers a different style of gameplay to its successors, and the people who dislike it either weren't aware they were supposed to be playing it differently in the first place or just prefer the faster pace of later games. SMB1 is a lot more kindly looked upon than Sonic 1 to my knowledge, but if you glue your fingers to the right and run buttons in SMB1, everything just kinda starts to make sense. There's a reason that aspect of SMB1 went on to inspire the entire Sonic series.
Why are you comparing SM1 to Sonic CD lmao also what are you yapping about, I'm talking about Sonic 1 and SM1 only

I just hated sonic 1 but greenhill and starlight just play sonic 2 or 3 it way better maybe even sonic blast is better

It’s decent when your bored or have nothing to do but other than that it’s kinda mid

Who is viewing this thread (Total: 1, Members: 0, Guests: 1)

Back