I'm Confused and Need Help.

Status
Not open for further replies.

DS # 1

One Rude Dewd.
I need a little help of trying to host a server, see? Its maybe my port or something. I can join servers, but can't host (no I'm not banned or temporary banned from the MS). It says 'Master Server Updated successfully!' and when I check the MS launcher, it doesn't show. Also, when I check the master server site, it shows my server name. Weird, right?

Last edited:
The MS Launcher actually sends and receives data for each of the available servers to get their ping, players, and gametype. This is also how it filters out servers that are on the MS but are unjoinable (due to port problems, etc.). You can't see your server on the MS Launcher because you can't join your own server.

I use the preschool's high speed internet when I ride the bus there from my school. Also Mystic, of course you can't join your own server, but when I use the slow, and crappy dial-up internet at home, I can host and to be sure I use the MS Launcher 2.5 and it shows up. Wow, is it some kind of bug or something, or is it something I'm too young to understand or can't comprehend at all? Oh yeah, and Whoatefred, when I visited the site you were talking about, I got confused for a while and didn't get enough time.

Well, in order to host a server on a wireless network, you need to forward your router's ports. This is done by going to your router's IP address, logging in, and going to a forwarding ports/applications/ gaming section, depending on the router. On the site I gave you, click on your router's model, and follow the instructions.
Unfortunately, since you are trying to host from a school when you ride a bus, you probably don't have access to the router, in which case, you cannot host on the MS, and I don't think you can host at all. Try to get some friends and connect by IP.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Who is viewing this thread (Total: 1, Members: 0, Guests: 1)

Back