• Do not use Works in Progress as a way of avoiding the releases system! Works in Progress can be used for sharing early betas and for getting suggestions for improvement. Releases of finished content are not allowed in this forum! If you would like to submit a finished addon, click here for instructions on how to do so.

Im am messing around with the srb2.srb...

Status
Not open for further replies.

Nodelem X

I see that I could make an entirely different style to this game, but I must ask, is there anything that I shouldnt edit that might totally screw up srb2?

Im just messing around with it to understand it more, thats all. This might take me places though...

is there anything that I shouldnt edit that might totally screw up srb2?
Yeah: SRB2.SRB. And while you're at it, don't touch the PLR files, or the DTA files, either. Back 'em up and THEN edit them.

No. Of course I backed them up. I mean, if I edit anything in srb2.srb, I could actually create an error and therefore destroy everything I worked for.

Basically: What should I stay away from? (In the file.)

Wicked! Thank you very, very much. The problem with what I am doing... is that to edit pictures and such, I need to save them all... one by one... x_X

Actually, it's more SRB2, the CGA version you never knew existed.

Also works with DOOM (or, rather, was made for DOOM but also works with SRB2), but the results are a lot more... black. Not surprising when you consider 192 is BRIGHT for a DOOM level.

Wrong kind of colormap. We're talking about the lump, you're talking about a linedef that generates a tint based on that lump.

o_O You people are starting to confuse me in ways that I cannot even explain.

So the colormap is a lump, but its a graphic..?

Yes. GFX, Images and Sprites are all lumps. Maps are lumps. Headers are lumps. ANYTHING in a WAD is a lump, seriously. Linedefs aren't lumps because it's part of a map, which is a lump.

Maps are lumps, right...?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Who is viewing this thread (Total: 1, Members: 0, Guests: 1)

Back