I RISE FROM THE DEAD! And i need some help.

gamerman14

Returned for 2.2!
HEY GUESS WHO'S BACK. Oh..you don't know who I am? I made puffball! and that sonic cd graphics mod! Still no? That's ok. I don't blame you

So first off obviously update 2.2 is fantastic. I'm absolutely loving this update. It's both taking me back to when i was a dumb kid, and amusing me with all the cool, small changes. What a glow-up! Srb2 has never looked better!

I'd like to give someone else a glow up, but I need help with programming.

The puffball mod i mentioned can be found here: https://mb.srb2.org/showthread.php?t=38445

I was a dumb-@$$ teen who didn't take criticism well, but I'm an artist now and I've gotten better. I realize this mod is kiiinda bad. The "puff rocket" is practically a joke. it was born of a glitch with the new change in ability types and i left it cause i thought it looked cool. It's really dumb. But I think i could make it interesting??

So I was thinking of ideas for how it might be cool and I thought of first off making it less op, but second off maybe making it a dumb charge ability. Kinda like using diddy's rocket pack in smash, it will slow down your fall speed, let you charge up, and let you rocket forward. I think that could be a cool new playstyle to make puffball not be a garbage character!

Let me know your thoughts guys. In addition i've never done lua scripting, so I'm really not sure how to approach that. I have a couple of buddies into programming (sorta) who would probably help if asked, but neither of them have ever done lua. Is there maybe another way to do it or is 2.2 still using lua? Basically I got a lot of questions.

Anywho thanks for taking the time to read this, and if you ran into me when I was a dumb kid, thanks for putting up with me ya know? I didn't mean nothing bad of course, but I was kinda a dip wad, so wasn't always the best to talk to lol

Grab the outdated megathread or the SRB2 wiki to to figure out every function and answer questions you may have, start up a mobjthinker for MT_PLAYER(copy one from other wads if you dunno how to set one up), and then it's trial-and-error until it works. Persistence is key.

That said...I suggest waiting until 2.2 has a few released addons and an updated wiki. Self-teaching Lua is a big enough feat in itself, but when everything's outdated and based around 2.1, it might be too much to swallow right now.

Few would be willing to go to the trouble of teaching Lua from scratch(time-consuming), but you're resourceful enough to have made your own character and the info is out there, so I think with effort you can self-teach Lua to the point to make that ability!

Who is viewing this thread (Total: 1, Members: 0, Guests: 1)

Back