• Do not use Works in Progress as a way of avoiding the releases system! Works in Progress can be used for sharing early betas and for getting suggestions for improvement. Releases of finished content are not allowed in this forum! If you would like to submit a finished addon, click here for instructions on how to do so.

i-Ninja!.Wad

Status
Not open for further replies.
Then the wall cling will be hard if you can't necesaraly SOC well. :/

Oh, and if SPMoves were to still be here, you could set his ability to that of Zims, however it's gone now. :/

And Senku's wall jump cuts momentum when not on a wall. :/

Ultimate said:
I'm not sure if/how you could/would do this, since I've never made a WAD before. But, if you could make the animation for when the ninja character dies a replacement type technique, that would be kinda cool. For example, have the ninja poof into a log and the new one (respawn) fall from the ceiling/sky.

I remember in Tales of Phantasia...3/4 of the time that you would kill one of those ninja enemies it would be a replacement...it was so horribly annoying.

Also, for anyone who was going to say something - No, replacement technique does not equal Naruto.

I can SOC, but that's not quite possible.

astar said:
Ultimate said:
I'm not sure if/how you could/would do this, since I've never made a WAD before. But, if you could make the animation for when the ninja character dies a replacement type technique, that would be kinda cool. For example, have the ninja poof into a log and the new one (respawn) fall from the ceiling/sky.

I remember in Tales of Phantasia...3/4 of the time that you would kill one of those ninja enemies it would be a replacement...it was so horribly annoying.

Also, for anyone who was going to say something - No, replacement technique does not equal Naruto.

I can SOC, but that's not quite possible.
Well since you can Soc i have a question, is there anyway you can make my character thok and cling to a wall like knuckles? Imagine sonic thoks into a wall and he sticks to it and is able to climb, ya know what i mean?

Sonic Destiny said:
nitro_the_hedghog said:
Something similar to senku's wall jump, then?
I was thinking the exact same thing, the only problem is... i dont know how to make custom abilities.

I'm gonna see how senku's wall jump works first.

I still think Glide/Climb would also be a good idea. If you can't figure out Senku's wall jump, Glide/Climb would be a very good backup plan.

yeah, I think fawfulfan's Idea is good, I can't tell the wall jump from the sword throwing.

fawfulfan said:
I still think Glide/Climb would also be a good idea. If you can't figure out Senku's wall jump, Glide/Climb would be a very good backup plan.
Ok, ill use glide/climb, but.... How would i speed up his gliding to that almost of a thok?
Also, what do you think the gliding sprite should look like?

Answer to your questions:

1. you don't speed it up. Perhaps I wasn't clear; my idea is just an unaltered glide.
2. Make it look like he's sort of lunging forward (perhaps with both arms and one leg trailing behind him, and one leg bent forward.)

To speed up the glide speed you have to change the actionspeed. I dunno if that would effect the climbing too though.

Chaos Knux said:
I did that when I made KnuxOverdrive's S_SKIN. It doesn't effect climb speed.
Is there anyway to increase the climbing speed?
EDIT: oh and i was playing with KnuxOverdrive and i really like how fast his glide is, its kinda like a lunge so ill go with that.

I really wish A_MOVERELATIVE could go up and down. I would make things a lot more convenient.

Can you people check out my first post again? I edited it and i need a bit of help.
EDIT: well the wad doesnt sigsev anymore there's just something wrong with the sprites now, i can pick my character in character select, but when i the game starts im sonic.

You might've mispelled the skin's name (NOT the one that appears in the character select) in MAINCFG. If spelling checking doesn't work, give us the wad and we'll fix it.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Who is viewing this thread (Total: 1, Members: 0, Guests: 1)

Back