I need help porting a boss.

Status
Not open for further replies.

SRB2 Guy

hurr hurr
Hello. I am trying to port Eggman from AGZ and PAZ into my level. But when it does the panic attack, the game does a "segment handler_segment violation". This is what I have done so far. It crashes shortly after the star thing hits the ground. Can you help me on this?

-SRB2 Guy

IDK. It shows Eggman properly, and i'm a total newb at SOC making (I got the boss in the first place from the Mystic Realm Map header.) I might just look into Mystic Realm using a SOC editior, then compare it to mine. It would probaly work fine if I copy - pasted the whole map header, but I don't want all that usless junk.

It has the SOCs in it, so... :p. Anyways, i'm trying to figure out what's wrong, a little help telling me what I did wrong is still appreciated.

Edit: Mystic Realm is being as friendly as it normaly is- harsh and unforgiving. After importing the entire mystic realm script into mine, it still crashes.

BlueZero4 said:
Are you missing any sprites?
What he said...
Seriously, these bosses use some custom sprites that are not included in your wad. It is obvious that the game crashes when trying to load sprites that are nonexistent.

Yeah... Surprisingly, sometimes these short, inconspicuous comments provide a solution.

;)

on Edge said:
Create something yourself. It's more original, and I imagine it'd be easier to debug.

Two problems. One, i'm a total newb at SOCing (although I will read the wiki and give it a shot). Two, what I would make woule either be cheap, buggy, or impossible to make.

Edit: XWE is my new friend. The boss works now, with the exception of uneeded sprites. Will fix.

Edit 2: And leftover maps and leftover tittle screens and map pictures... This... might take a while.

-SRB2 Guy

Status
Not open for further replies.

Who is viewing this thread (Total: 1, Members: 0, Guests: 1)

Back