• Do not use Works in Progress as a way of avoiding the releases system! Works in Progress can be used for sharing early betas and for getting suggestions for improvement. Releases of finished content are not allowed in this forum! If you would like to submit a finished addon, click here for instructions on how to do so.

I need criticism on some sprites

Status
Not open for further replies.
The sprites are good; The only things that bother me are:

His pants. They don't have any shading, and are shaped oddly..

He's too tall. Try making him a bit shorter, or else he'll either crash or be a bit.. Odd.

The side sprite of him bothers me a bit. His head is rather rectangle shaped. Also, try fixing his hair in the front- It shouldn't cover him like that. Also, try to spread his legs out more, so it doesn't look like he has one leg in that sprite.

zck2020 said:
Why do his shoulders have boobs?
Those are muscles. >.>

_Manic_ said:
The sprites are good; The only things that bother me are:

His pants. They don't have any shading, and are shaped oddly..

He's too tall. Try making him a bit shorter, or else he'll either crash or be a bit.. Odd.

The side sprite of him bothers me a bit. His head is rather rectangle shaped. Also, try fixing his hair in the front- It shouldn't cover him like that. Also, try to spread his legs out more, so it doesn't look like he has one leg in that sprite.
His pants aren't shaded in the anime either.
marobwiitankwp3.png

How tall should a character be, max?

Hmm... I don't know how I missed the side sprite faults... but thanks for the info.

zck2020 said:
Why do his shoulders have boobs?

wins,jk(lol you made me laugh my head off)

Ok,I dont think you should make him REALLY tall,
also i would suggest you continue on these sprites.Their acctually pretty good.I really dont have any crit....*leaves*

On the side sprites, move his 'shoulder muscles' up a bit so that they're the same height as they are on the other sprites.

_Manic_ said:
As well as his arms.. Try making his legs about.. 4 or 6 pixels taller than Sonic.

I think that this character's proportions are intended. The only thing that bothers me about these sprites are some of the symatry errors.

_Manic_ said:
As well as his arms.. Try making his legs about.. 4 or 6 pixels taller than Sonic.
... Maybe the arms are a bit to long. >.>

on Edge said:
Is your character is completely symmetrical, you don't need 8 angles, only 5.
The buttons are on only one side... It's not symmetrical.

Crazygamerx6 said:
_Manic_ said:
... Maybe the arms are a bit to long. >.>

on Edge said:
Is your character is completely symmetrical, you don't need 8 angles, only 5.
The buttons are on only one side... It's not symmetrical.
You don't have to use the 8 frames for such a small detail, The onlt real reason to use it if they had hair thats different on both sides or like different colored eyes.

"Small" detail? The only details I call small are the ones less than a pixel...
I like to make it as best as possible, y'know?

Crazygamerx6 said:
"Small" detail? The only details I call small are the ones less than a pixel...
I like to make it as best as possible, y'know?
I understand, but if you over-do it then people won't like it.

How? Better quality and attention detail means cooler, better wads/sprites. Though I do still agree that the buttons are a minor detail.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Who is viewing this thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Back