I made a srb2 wikipedia page.

Status
Not open for further replies.
There was previously an SRB2 page (and it was a lot more "complete" than this one, if I may say). It was voted for deletion by members of the Wikipedia community.

Thats the reason that I did this. Besides. I will make some more editing on it later. And I could use some help to rebuild the new wikipedia page.

But why was the old one voted to be deleted? :eek:

Sonic Robo Blast 2 (SRB2 for short) is a fan game created by Sonic team J.R. It is a second title to the sonic robo blast fan game. Although the first was created by a game maker of some sort. This a doom modded game by every part of the Doom Legacy Project.

It has: Save & Load feature, Online and local LAN netplay, Single Player unlockables, Different multiplayer game modes.

Sonic robo blast 2 also is customizable. It supports SRB2 supported WAD's and SOC's. Wich can be made by the SOC editor (Wich is still pretty buggy) and famous doom WAD makers, (Doom Builder etc).

Sonic robo blast 2's current version is 1.09.4 and hasent been in the finnished in ages. Sonic Team J.R. will finnish soon. But the 1.1 version release date is still a mystery.
Srb was created with Click´n´Play and TGF

Srb2 is the sequel of Srb

It is done out of Doom Legacy sources that means it supports wads and socs to mod the game that are also used in doom

Please list all game types instead of writing something like

It has: Save & Load feature, Online and local LAN netplay, Single Player unlockables, Different multiplayer game modes.

I think you missed my rather easily implied point.

My point is that the SRB2 page was deleted for a reason. Therefore, new pages on SRB2 would be deleted as well, for the very same reason.

As for why, specifically, someone more involved with the old SRB2 page could answer that, I trust.

Digiku said:
I think you missed my rather easily implied point.

My point is that the SRB2 page was deleted for a reason. Therefore, new pages on SRB2 would be deleted as well, for the very same reason.

As for why, specifically, someone more involved with the old SRB2 page could answer that, I trust.

Wikipedia said:
This page may meet Wikipedia’s criteria for speedy deletion. The given reason is: It is reposted content that was deleted as a result of an articles for deletion (or another XfD) discussion. (CSD G4) Speedy concern: It is reposted content that was deleted as a result of an articles for deletion (or another XfD) discussion. (CSD G4)

If this page does not meet the criteria for speedy deletion, or you intend to fix it, please remove this notice, but do not remove this notice from pages that you have created yourself. If you created this page and you disagree with this page’s proposed speedy deletion, please add:

{{hangon}}

to the top of this page, and then explain why you believe the article should not be deleted on its talk page.

This will alert administrators to your intention, and should permit you the time to write your explanation. Administrators, remember to check what links here, the page history (last edit), the page log, and any revisions of CSD before deletion.

Please consider placing {{subst:repost-warn|Sonic Robo Blast 2}} ~~~~ on the User Talk page of the author.

Besides, what's the point of an SRB2 Wikipedia ISOLATED ARTICLE when we have our own giant SRB2-WIKI? Which basically covers everything in SRB2, or almost does. Not like we have a need for Wikipedia anymore.

Dark Warrior said:
Besides, what's the point of an SRB2 Wikipedia ISOLATED ARTICLE when we have our own giant SRB2-WIKI? Which basically covers everything in SRB2, or almost does. Not like we have a need for Wikipedia anymore.

I think the best thing that describes SRB2 is SRB2.

I fixed some of it's errors (spelling/grammar/punctuation). Don't worry, I didn't change any of the information, I just made it sound a bit more professional.

You should add a picture of SRB2 to the page, as well as an external link to the SRB2 homepage and the SRB2 wiki, which I don't know how to do, so don't ask. However, I will edit the page for you more if you'd like.

Hey I dont know how to add pictures to it. I need to know how. And then I will post the logo from the manual.

...Yeeeah. The new article you created was just deleted. You don't seem to understand, so let me give you a quick rundown:

See, the old SRB2 Wikipedia article was nice, thorough, and complete. However, it was marked for clean-up once and for deletion twice. That's because the article read as an advertisement. It was nothing more than a vanity page that said, "Hey! Look at this game everyone!" Wikipedia does not tolerate this, for it does not fit in with its policies. The second time it was marked for deletion, the majority of users voted Delete, so it ended up being deleted.

By recreating the page, you are not helping matters. You are trying to remake the advertisement that the old Wikipedia article had, and that's unacceptable. Therefore, it was marked for speedy deletion, and removed. Trying to recreate a deleted page is just as bad as ban evasion on these forums. Don't do it. It will not do you any good.

Having said that, I think I will lock this topic. It serves no purpose ever since the article you made has been removed. If you have an issue with that, you are welcome to PM me about this for discussion.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Who is viewing this thread (Total: 1, Members: 0, Guests: 1)

Back