I lost all of my SRB2 data that i've been playing for almost 3 years

Nirby 74

What ya see is what ya get a guy that likes SRB2
I accidently installed a new version of SRB2 thinking it was a patch in my SRB2 folder, do you think I can get my data back?

idk, do you have a backup of your save file? maybe in a usb, sd card or hard drive? honestly idk but if you can't get it back then sorry for your loss.

If you can't find your backup file or don't have a backup file at all, then just find a 100% save file, there is a bit of them on youtube. Atleast try to find a 100% save file, but if you don't want to play the game and try again, there you go problem solved. But If you have a backup (Which is what Matrio said) then your good, just always have a backup incase if your data is gone.

Unless you deleted the game folder before installing it, there's no reason for an installer to destroy the folder contents.
Your gamedata and save files should still be in the game folder.

Unless you deleted the game folder before installing it, there's no reason for an installer to destroy the folder contents.
Your gamedata and save files should still be in the game folder.
To elaborate on this, the installer only installs the files needed for the game to run. The game's executable is the only thing that creates and/or modifies savefiles or gamedata. If the files are already in there, it should leave them alone.

Have you tried putting them in your srb2 folder and test if they work? Btw if the unlockable character save files says they can’t load try unlocking them again, since srb2 thinks you haven’t unlocked them, basically do the 2 boss fights and get 3 emblems.

I actually found the save files but I think they're corrupted because I got a new compter :/
How do you know they're corrupted?

Save files aren't bound to a computer, you just have to put them in the right spot and that should be enough.

If you did a "downgrade" be accidentally or in the wrong place by installing an older version of Srb2, the Gamedata CANNOT be read by that new version you just installed, yet the file is completely fine.

Srb2 has changes the way they read or save the data in any way or another with the 2.2. What this means, is what i said, the file has been unharmed, unless you deleted or moved it trying to "fix" your issue.

What you only need it's to update once again to any of the 2.2 versions and after.

Screenshot 2023-11-30 181642.png
<---- This is what my save files and some other files say

You could try using these save files.
Make a backup just in case (just copy and paste them somewhere else), then rename these files by removing the - and the computer name.
That should make them work.

Screenshot 2023-11-30 185335.png
This is the error that appeared after trying to open the exe file

That is the zones.pk3 file, not the save file, meaning the levels are corrupted not the save file itself.
Post automatically merged:

Last edited:
oh

Well I ran a patcher and the save files didn't work

Last edited:
oh

Well I ran a patcher and the save files didn't work
What do you mean by a “patcher”? The only patcher I know about is the one on srb2.org for updating the game. Also do the save files say they cannot load or don’t appear at all on the file select.

have you put the save files in the srb2 directory? is the name just srb2sav(insert number here).ssg

try right clicking the shortcut for srb2 and click on "Open file location" and see if it actuallly is there, if not then you maybe put it in the wrong directory.

The shortcut I have on my desktop is the new installation so I can't really do that

Who is viewing this thread (Total: 1, Members: 0, Guests: 1)

Back