I have a question about Sonic Robo Blast 2's graphical capabilities.

Can the game run on a 3dfx voodoo series of 3D accelerators, the Diamond Edge 3D, or even the Rendition V1000 at all?
To answer your question... I can't recall if SRB2 even needed a 3D accelerator? If anything the game ran just like regular DOOM would in terms of requirements (just needing a good CPU on your PC). There was originally SRB2DOS but I don't know fully on how that worked.

IIRC OGL mode runs off the GPU. If the game ever does away with Software mode then that could potentially make a difference in what hardware is required, but I don't know if there's any such plans, or why there would be.

IIRC OGL mode runs off the GPU. If the game ever does away with Software mode then that could potentially make a difference in what hardware is required, but I don't know if there's any such plans, or why there would be.
OpenGL mode ofc runs on the GPU, if it was running entirely on the CPU via emulation or something I bet you OpenGL mode would be performing a lot worse than software mode :threat:

Who is viewing this thread (Total: 1, Members: 0, Guests: 1)

Back