I got that SRB2 Open GL error again -_-

Status
Not open for further replies.
srb20154wt0.png

Yes it happened again. When I update the drivers for my video card this happens, I roll back the drivers, and it still doesn't work right. The gamma settings are all where they are supposed to be. Anybody know how to fix it? I need Open GL for level testing!

What's your video card?

Right-click on Desktop > Properties > Settings tab. Look just below the monitors diagram, at the drop-down box. It should have the monitor name and video card. Tell me what it says.

The computers in one of the high school computer labs did that when you ran SRB2 in OGL. I suspect it's an issue with the video card's drivers just sucking, even when upgraded correctly. You might just have to run SRB2 in software and have somebody else make sure your levels work in OGL.

Thats what I thought of doing. I did a system restore, but I did it to the wrong day which means thats the day I updated them. So, I might just go back a couple more days for the older drivers. The thing is though, the older drivers don't always work well. For instance, if I try to play a DVD the screen will flash on and off and on and off repetitively and then stay off. Then if you click the screen turns back on and repeats the cycle until you eject the DVD.

And FoxBlitzz, it's a EV700 on NVIDIA FX 5200, it's also an MSI. It has D.O.T too. I rolled back the drivers like I said before, but that didn't seem to help.

Tip of dummy, that thing is missing the red channel. Hey, try this fix up in SRB2 while initializing the hardware:

Code:
glColorMask(GL_TRUE, GL_TRUE, GL_TRUE, GL_TRUE);

OK, OK, I don't remember if it was exactly like that (maybe the last parameter shouldn't be there), but the point is, enable all color channels explicitly. Some drivers don't set up the default values properly.

EDIT: when I mean "tip of dummy", the dummy is me :P

I did a system restore to get my old ones back, it would still be nice to have new ones. The driver version that works is "8.4.2.6" by NVIDIA, 3/17/2006. And the new ones are obviously a higher number, but made by Microsoft, the date is 2007 for that one.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Who is viewing this thread (Total: 1, Members: 0, Guests: 1)

Back