I found something interesting!

Status
Not open for further replies.

hotdog003

If an enemy hits another multi-hit enemy by mistake, the seccond enemy will attack the one who hit it! Example? Ok.

Go into Castle Eggman 3. Go through all the halls and corridors and get the jettysyns all riled up, so that they're just outside the main arena with eggman. Move in such a way so that the bullets from the Syns hit eggman. Eggman will take a break and go after the jettysyns instead of you!

I sense an amount of distrust among those robots...

woah, i noticed that before, i didnt think it ould be that important though...

Oh hey, I remember doing that but didn't think much of it at the time because I was busy because I was in ultimate mode x.x. "OMG! Gotta keep jumping or he will shoot me and kill me instantly.. wait.. why doesn't it seem like he's shooting at me?. WOAHZ! HE KILLZ TEH JETTY-SYN REBELS!!"
This gives me an idea.. what if Tails could control a couple of robots to follow him and kill stuff? I say Tails because he's the smart guy :P

Leftover code from DOOM, where starting monster-against-monster fights is not only doable, but frequently done. Also makes Castle Eggman Zone Act 3's boss a bit easier - just make the Jetty-Syns attack HIM by accident and he'll stop focusing on YOU for a while to attack THEM.

Man... You guys are slow... :| I bet you wish you could do that with Crawla Commanders now, right?

No kidding. That's an old Doom thing. Get an enemy to attack another enemy, and they will fight. Doesn't it make sense that if Eggman gets hit by one of his badniks he'll get mad and attack it back?

BlazeHedgehog said:
Doesn't it make sense that if Eggman gets hit by one of his badniks he'll get mad and attack it back?

That's why I kept it. :mrgreen:

Plus it offers an alternative battle strategy for that boss fight.

I always found it amusing myself. It's always fun to watch Eggman firing into his Jetty-syn hoarde.

Although it would be cool to have Tails be able to take control of the robots. Not just a robot skin, but an actual robot. It would make a very interesting game. I for one would like to be able to fly around with the kind of agility the jettys do.

Meh, a Thing Hate linedef executor like ZDOOM has would be awesome, but unless SRB2 decides to go for Thing tags, would be highly unlikely and somewhat impractical... but that's okay, it's good enough just for DOOM having your own personal Cyberdemon, so what if you don't get your own personal Eggman?

Jason the Echidna said:
Man... You guys are slow... :| I bet you wish you could do that with Crawla Commanders now, right?
Bah, I've known this for months if not a year, man. I'd watch who you're calling "slow".

I've known about it since Castle Eggman 3 was made, pretty much. It's not a real secret, it's just kinda cool.

I found out in my very first level wad "CTF Garden Zone". I made several versions of that level because I was so excited to actually be making a cool 3D level for the first time in my life, so I soon had Chaos Garden Zone, DM Garden Zone, Boss Garden Zone,... Even Chao Garden Zone, using Jackle's Chao frames. Of course, when SOC editing was first implemented in SRB2, I jumped at the chance of making 'real' Chao which move slow and you can push around and stuff...

I did something like the tails reprogramming thing...

I played in GOD mode, in Mystic Realm. The jettysyns flwe over my head. I found that if I jumped a little, the jettysyn bomber would drop a bomb. With a little clever controllwork, I could get the jettysyn to drop one on the crawlas around me.

Could you programmers add an A_JetGChase action, except that it would make the enemy hover over your head, and then have something like JetGShoot get the nearest enemy? That way, we could turn of the MF that says "Enemy", and have a robot that will hover over your head and shoot the enemies for you.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Who is viewing this thread (Total: 1, Members: 0, Guests: 1)

Back