I can't change to OpenGl and can't add MD2 mods. Help me

Status
Not open for further replies.

blargen

I have no where to change from software to OpenGl in SRB2. I also cant understand the MD2 mod system in general. Can you give me some help?

Okay, for Open GL, go into Notepad and type this into it.
Code:
srb2win -opengl
Then select Save As... and select save as all files, then name the file anything you want but put .bat at the end. Put it into your SRB2 folder and double click it, instant OpenGL!

I don't have any time to tell how to put in the models, although it's quite simple. I think there's some sort of Model installer in the Releases - Miscellaneous, but I'm not sure.

Go to the Misc Releases and download the MD2 installer and run it. Then for additional models, download them andput them in the new folder called 'MD2'. You need to put in both the model and the skin for it to look right. Every model should come with a code, open MD2.dat in notepad and put the code in the next line.

I don't know if I have the zip, but I'll help by giving a link from SRB2FFH (Sonic Robo Blast 2 Fast File Host) if you want, you can always trust SRB2FFH. Give me a sec.

Edit: Here it is!

thnx. but now it says I need a v2.0.50727 of the .net Framework.

Well Im completely confused..........
Id rather do it the normal way...

I believe I had the same problem. Either look up the filename that comtes with the error, or look up .NET framework update. And there you go. Either that, or do it the long way.

Make a new folder in the SRB2 main folder called MD2. Then create a file called MD2.dat in the SRB2 main folder, not in the MD2 folder. It needs to be created first in text format. Then place the models and skins inside the MD2 folder and put the code that comes with it in the MD2.dat file. When that is done, go into SRB2 OpenGL and type in the console (usually the ~ button) GR_MD2 ON. Then test it ingame. Try Boinciel's Good Models first, trust me, they ARE good.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Who is viewing this thread (Total: 1, Members: 0, Guests: 1)

Back