I Always hated how some character mods ditch the SRB2 Style, cuz they look a bit out of place when compared to the rest of the cast

FangLoverAndMain2023

I don't even main fang anymore.
Here's a Crappy sms "fan-art" so you can understand my point:

STNDA1.png

(my fan-edit of vanilla sonic)

STNDA1.png

(original sms with yellow paint over doom green)
Post automatically merged:

I'm not sure if I will make this a skin mod (besides, GoldenShine needs to approve it if I actually want to do it)

Edit: ok, some I came back some time later and I noticed the replies thought I was negatively judging the original creators (In a way, yes, but not to "hate on them"). Don't get me wrong, I LOVE the SMS mod and many others here, but I thought they did look a bit out of place (not that anyone cares). And I would like to thank the people who replied to this post, not for repling, but telling me this way to look at the uniqueness it provides. I would put your names, but I think I need permission for that, so I'll specially thank "the first and second reply, and the guy I met on my first post. (It got deleted because I didn't know srb2 had a discord server for invinting people, woops...) also the guy with the Jevil profile, just because he seemed intrested in the topic. sorry for any miss understanding that was caused.

Sem título.png

Last edited:
character mods that ditch the vanilla style are awesome actually
it's nice to have something that deviates from the main style every now and then, and besides! it's a fan mod of a fan game, most people do this for fun in their spare time, and as such i don't think sticking to the art style should be completely necessary if 1. it's easier and (more importantly) 2. it makes the process more fun for you. having fun with it is the most important thing of all!

If you prefer only using mods that stick to the vanilla art style then that's fine, but nobody else is obligated to stick to that art style with their mods. Everyone's got their own creative vision, and on top of that it's not always easy for everyone to replicate the vanilla art style. Personally, I don't think it's a big enough deal to fuss over anyway.

I Always hated how some character mods ditch the SRB2 Style, cuz they look a bit out of place when compared to the rest of the cast​

Anyhow, if you're an aspiring sprite artist... don't listen to this post! There is absolutely nothing wrong with not conforming to SRB2's very specific style, especially when it's changed so much over the years! Don't worry about "looking in-place" because almost nobody will care. The differences in your art make you stand out from the crowd, and that's a good thing. Do what feels good to you!

GEEZ I WAS JUST TALKING ABOUT A CURIOSITY, IT'S NOT A PERSONAL ATTACK TO THE CREATORS.
Post automatically merged:

Anyhow, if you're an aspiring sprite artist... don't listen to this post! There is absolutely nothing wrong with not conforming to SRB2's very specific style, especially when it's changed so much over the years! Don't worry about "looking in-place" because almost nobody will care. The differences in your art make you stand out from the crowd, and that's a good thing. Do what feels good to you!
Wait... Aren't you that guy from the srb2 server and the "Join my server" post I did some time ago? How have ya been dude?

Who is viewing this thread (Total: 1, Members: 0, Guests: 1)

Back