• Do not use Works in Progress as a way of avoiding the releases system! Works in Progress can be used for sharing early betas and for getting suggestions for improvement. Releases of finished content are not allowed in this forum! If you would like to submit a finished addon, click here for instructions on how to do so.

Hyper sonic

Status
Not open for further replies.

Earl

Does anybody have a Hyper Sonic wad or can make one?
Hyper Sonic should pulse colors insted of flashing.

I was thinking of making one. I'd need a script command to make a certain command loop.

I do believe there is already a "Hyper Sonic" implemented in the game. <.< >.>
The secret lies within a cheat/level design tool

mikel93 said:
i agree with what bigboi said that you have to make one
What? He never said that. He said he might MAKE one, not "Make it yourself."

I dislike SRB2's Super/Hyper Sonic, if only for the fact that it is waaaaaaay more Sonic Adventure-like then anything else (except for Adventure map types, of course)... For one, Super Sonic should still curl into a ball like normal when he jumps or spins, his standing and running animations were the only things that REALLY changed...

And he did not stay plain yellow, either, instead he cycled through shades of yellow and silver, staying mostly twards yellow.
Hyper Sonic cycled through shades silver, pink, silver, light green, silver, and baby blue. It looked like he was much more silver then anything else because the other colors were so light anyway and only appeared once in each cycle.

I find Hyper Sonic to be Adventure-like also in the fact that he can only thok forwards instead of upwards and the sparkles which follow him go around him in circles on the X/Y plane rather then on the X/Z plane, which is a conversion also done for the enemys surrounded by fireballs for SA.

And what is with this odd flying ability Super/Hyper Sonic has, which can allow you to fly around but not go upwards? I don't recall ever having such an ability in classic Sonic games, not even in cutscenes, though the outer space final battle in Sonic & Knuckles gives you the ability to move up and down since there is no gravity anyway so you won't fall. (That is, unless you run out of rings and de-super, then you'll fall to the earth, which makes no sense at all!)...

I would think that Hyper Sonic's ability to double jump upwards would be best emulated by having the player press the backpedal key when they double jump in order to do it, but as it is Hyper Sonic has no double jump ability unless you pick up a whirlwind shield, which incedentally also disables the flying ability. Man that's screwed up.

As far as I know, nothing makes me bleed like that.

I go with Jason, in which you can't change colors and can't fly around.

Well you must understand that Hyper Sonic was added as a sort of a joke. It was brainstormed in our road trip, and I guess it wasn't very hard to implement, so it was. It was actually in 1.08 as well, just not as easy to activate because the emeralds weren't placable objects.

Yeah, in 1.08 you had to add the 8th special stage to get it x_x' Right...
If only I had the special stages, I would make another set of emeralds which will replace the normal Chaos Emeralds when you get them or something...
And a hidden palace zone thing!

Meh.

Mystic said:
You could access in in 1.08 by hacking a save file to give it 8 emeralds. =P

If your don't feel like hacking, I still have 1.08 in full.

Yes, Mystic, I know. :\ I was one of the first to "hack" a 1.08 savegame to do things like that and the color change, remember? Not that I needed to, being the programmer of SPMoves and all.

I don't believe Hyper Sonic had those cool sparkles around him back then, did he?

He didn't have the Super Sonic effect back then, but he did have the gigantic sparks surrounding him that disperse when he uses the armageddon thok.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Who is viewing this thread (Total: 1, Members: 0, Guests: 1)

Back