• Do not use Works in Progress as a way of avoiding the releases system! Works in Progress can be used for sharing early betas and for getting suggestions for improvement. Releases of finished content are not allowed in this forum! If you would like to submit a finished addon, click here for instructions on how to do so.

How to use Doom Builder

Status
Not open for further replies.

TailsX

Hey Yall, I was just wondering if Doom Builder could work with editing SRB2. Please help and reply. Thanks. If this program is not recommened, could someone help me on how to start with WADAuthor?
God Bless

:mrgreen: www.sonicstrike.net/~stkc

Use Wadauthor... all newbies use Wadauthor... First off, go to http://www.lawrencegearheadz.org/~a441/level/ and download the things there...

Load the cfg file when it asks you to. You also need Doom2.wad or a hex editor to make srb2.srb into an iwad (without full guidance, I reccomend the first). Load the gfx.wad when you've made a new map (with nothing in it), by double-clicking some random background... you should see what to do there... believe me, this is simple, just keep on trying until you understand... by the way, at the link I gave, there's a lot of tutorials... despite Thok Barrier not being number 1, look at that one first... Thok Barriers are needed in all levels and are so hard to make after the level has been made (me out of that suggestion, since I know a kool uncopyable trick... yes I mean that...)

Byes.

DoomBuilder does work fine with SRB2, and some people here will swear by it. I don't know where the config files for DB are, but I know they're around somewhere.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Who is viewing this thread (Total: 1, Members: 0, Guests: 1)

Back