How to play a game without the master server

Status
Not open for further replies.
Connector is better because you still playing by IP, so people which don't use connector can join to your server too.

You're ALWAY's playing by IP. Even on the MS. And I don't think being banned from the MS can stop you from IP connecting to an MS game.

By the way, Mystic, I think you should change topic name to "How to play a netgame without the master server", because everyone can play a game without masterserver when select "1 Player".

I think when people see "master server" that they would assume that its a netgame because you would use it for netgames.

Ah! The sky is falling! *runs around in circles then banned* I know what you mean, but I will wait to for the Master Server and the site to come back up, besides IP join doesn't work for some reason.

Just asking, what would I do? I've never been able to connect by I.P. I've tried. I literally sat for 30 minutes once before I just gave up and alt+f4'd. I checked the MS status page, and the server was still running.

Sky Ninja said:
Just asking, what would I do? I've never been able to connect by I.P. I've tried. I literally sat for 30 minutes once before I just gave up and alt+f4'd. I checked the MS status page, and the server was still running.
What the heck?!
Anyways...Use PMs, MSN, Yahoo!, Gmail, Etc. to organize netgames...All of em' work fine.

Sky Ninja said:

Happens to me sometimes,sometimes its the hosts fault.

Like how Ashs server,nobody joined and had problems.
Blue Warrior hosted and it worked.

So I'm geussing the master server has been going down a couple of times, right?
That would explain the "Master server is online" banner.

IP joining never works for me, and clearly, not many other people here. It's really hard to want to play a game with just a friend.

Hamachi!

Hamachi emulates LAN (I use it), so it makes things WAY easier. That's the only way I can host net games. Sure they're private, but if you find a lot of people to join your Hamachi network, you can have epic noobless net games.

-_-
I wish it was easier to do this, it used 1 hour trying to play with one friend, and it still failed. -_-

Uh, the master server rules only apply to servers that are being hosted on the master server. So, yeah.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Who is viewing this thread (Total: 1, Members: 0, Guests: 1)

Back