How to make it to work it gave the error "pseudo-variable out of range or not in assignment near '$' ?

HMSREBORN

kauagameszaoasda · From Ohio
addHook("PlayerThink", function(player)
if player.mo and player.mo.skin == "h.r"
if player.pflags == $2|PF_STARTJUMP|PF_STARTDASH
player.mo.state = S_PLAY_JUMP
P_SetObjectMomZ(player.mo, 15*FRACUNIT)
P_SpawnThokMobj(player)
end
end)

Last edited:
if player.pflags == $2|PF_STARTJUMP|PF_STARTDASH
P_SpawnThokMobj(player)
end
end)

As far as I'm aware $2 isn't a thing. What you're probably looking for is $1. So change if player.pflags == $2|PF_STARTJUMP|PF_STARTDASH to if player.pflags == $1|PF_STARTJUMP|PF_STARTDASH.

In SRB2's Lua, using $1 in a variable assignment or comparison is a shorthand for the variable you're making the comparison with.
So typing if player.pflags == $1|PF_STARTJUMP|PF_STARTDASH is effectively the same as typing if player.pflags == player.pflags|PF_STARTJUMP|PF_STARTDASH.

On a sidenote I'm not sure if $1|PF_STARTJUMP|PF_STARTDASH is correct syntax. I could be wrong, but I believe it should be $1 & PF_STARTJUMP|PF_STARTDASH.

Last edited:
Lua:
   if player.pflags == $1 & PF_STARTJUMP|PF_STARTDASH
       P_SpawnThokMobj(player)
    end
end)

This is what it's supposed to be like.

As far as I'm aware $2 isn't a thing. What you're probably looking for is $1. So change if player.pflags == $2|PF_STARTJUMP|PF_STARTDASH to if player.pflags == $1|PF_STARTJUMP|PF_STARTDASH.

In SRB2's Lua, using $1 in a variable assignment or comparison is a shorthand for the variable you're making the comparison with.
So typing if player.pflags == $1|PF_STARTJUMP|PF_STARTDASH is effectively the same as typing if player.pflags == player.pflags|PF_STARTJUMP|PF_STARTDASH.

On a sidenote I'm not sure if $1|PF_STARTJUMP|PF_STARTDASH is correct syntax. I could be wrong, but I believe it should be $1 & PF_STARTJUMP|PF_STARTDASH.
I'm an absolute buffoon and I couldn't be more wrong.
Okay I'm not aware of WHY it happens but seems like you cannot use pseudo-variables ($1) in this case for some reason. If someone else knows why I'd love to know but anyway:

Change $1 to player.pflags.

I've went ahead and tested this out myself anyway (changing $1 to player.pflags) and I didn't run into any errors with either form, so I suppose it is correct syntax.

Although nothing really happened anyway?? I changed the skin name obviously but still didn't see anything happening.

Lua:
   if player.pflags == $1 & PF_STARTJUMP|PF_STARTDASH
       P_SpawnThokMobj(player)
    end
end)

This is what it's supposed to be like.
Gave the same error.

God. Please just use player.pflags & PF_STARTDASH|PF_STARTJUMP
Its the correct way and please dont spread (probably) misinformation.

God. Please just use player.pflags & PF_STARTDASH|PF_STARTJUMP
Its the correct way and please dont spread (probably) misinformation.
When i executed it, it messed up and i didnt press jump and spin and it go upwards forever bruh not helpful

When i executed it, it messed up and i didnt press jump and spin and it go upwards forever bruh not helpful
Actually its your problem. PF_STARTDASH is when you spindash. PF_STARTJUMP is when you jumped and didnt release jump yet to cut it. Basically the thing wont work unless you set them specifically.
If you want to check if you pressed jump and spin then maybe use SpinSpecial with a check if you have PF_JUMPED flag.

if you want to know more about pflags then just check the wiki

Actually its your problem. PF_STARTDASH is when you spindash. PF_STARTJUMP is when you jumped and didnt release jump yet to cut it. Basically the thing wont work unless you set them specifically.
If you want to check if you pressed jump and spin then maybe use SpinSpecial with a check if you have PF_JUMPED flag.

if you want to know more about pflags then just check the wiki
But how would it look like?

But how would it look like?
Lua:
addHook("SpinSpecial",function(player)
    if player.valid
    and player.mo.skin == "h.r"
    and player.pflags & PF_JUMPED
        P_SpawnThokMobj(player)
    end
end)
Could be cool if you checked the wiki a bit more and learned some more stuff.

Lua:
addHook("SpinSpecial",function(player)
    if player.valid
    and player.mo.skin == "h.r"
    and player.pflags & PF_JUMPED
        P_SpawnThokMobj(player)
    end
end)
Could be cool if you checked the wiki a bit more and learned some more stuff.
It does the same thing.

Who is viewing this thread (Total: 1, Members: 0, Guests: 1)

Back