How to make a teleport, seriously.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Joni

A new problem, checked Srb2Wiki.

How to make teleport? I made Linedef Type 412, and a sector that has 4 lines. I put a Teleport Destination to the map, I crossed the line which I had tagged with the Linedef Type 412, nothing happened.

Whats wrong?

If I understand you correctly, you tagged Linedef Type 412 to a sector and wanted the player to be teleported to the thing when touching the sector. That's not how it works.

Instead, do this:

1. Choose a sector as your trigger sector and give it Sector Type 80: Floor Touch - One Player.
  2. Give it a tag of 1 (or anything else of course, I'm just using 1 as an example).
  3. Make a control sector and give one of the linedef a tag of 1 and Linedef Type 301 (if you want the teleport to work everytime you touch the sector) or 302 (if you want it to work only once).
  4. Select another linedef from that control sector and give it a tag of 2 and Linedef Type 412.
  5. Give the sector you want the player to be teleported to a tag of 2.
  6. Put a Teleport Destination Thing on the exact spot where you want the player to spawn when teleported.

EDIT: Oh, and in case you don't understand something or still have problems, download the sample at this page.

Last edited:
1. The "Sample" just shows off codes and stuff, I mean wut?
2. The teleport doesnt work, I think I didnt understand the Control Sector thing.
3. Teleport Destination Thing must be placed to the place (doesnt need to I think) where I choosed, I mean the sector.

Plus, I didnt understand 3. and 4., can you tell me again but easier to understand? ._.

1. The "Sample" just shows off codes and stuff, I mean wut?
Right-click and Save as.

3. Teleport Destination Thing must be placed to the place (doesnt need to I think) where I choosed, I mean the sector.
What? I don't understand what you want to say, but let me clarify: The Teleport special does not teleport you directly to the Destination Thing, but to the tagged sector. You must place the thing inside the sector for it to work.

Plus, I didnt understand 3. and 4., can you tell me again but easier to understand? ._.
You obviously don't know what a Control Sector is. So do the following:

• Make a sector outside of the map. The sector can have any form, but it has to be closed, obviously.
  • Select one of its linedefs and give it a tag of 1.
  • Make the Linedef Type be 301 or 302. If you choose 301, the teleporter will work everytime you touch the sector. If you choose 302, it will work only one time.
  • Choose another linedef from the same sector. Give it a tag of 2 and and Linedef Type 412.
  • Then continue with step #5, as shown above.
If you still don't understand this, look at the example WAD. You can see a small sector to the left of the map. That is your control sector. The linedef with type 301 is activated by touching the sector. Then, it triggers the other linedef, which teleports the player. All linedef types that have a number with 400 must be triggered this way.

Oh. My. God. The teleport doesnt work! Whats wrong? I did the control sector, and everything I think I did right, I did the tags like you said, made two sectors, I putted destination inside one of them, the one which picks up the teleported player, and one sector which doesnt have the Destination Thing, which sends player to the teleport receiving point, and all!

Whats wrong, once again?

It would really help you to look at the sample--and I'm not the first to tell you that, as I see from previous posts. Have you looked at the sample, and compared it to what you've made.

By the way, did you say the second sector doesn't have the Teleport Destination? You're supposed to put the Teleport Destination Thing inside the destination sector.

If you choose 301, the teleporter will work everytime you touch the sector.

Use 300, as it is more reliable in this situation. Each time would only be used if you absolutely want the effect only work once per time when you step on it (EX: if you have a button that gives you points when you press it, but you don't want it to keep giving you points when you just stand on it).

Too confusing? Just know that you should use linedef type 300 when you want teleports.

Also, it will look nicer if you used sector type 64 on a translucent FOF. You don't have to, but it is easier for the player to see that it is a teleport.

Just try to compare what you are doing to the sample wad on the SRB2 wiki. If you STILL have problems, just upload the WAD and we can see what is wrong with it.

I looked the Sample wad, and I copied every text what was in there, to my map. It didnt work.

But I can upload it for you. I'll try once more before I show you.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Who is viewing this thread (Total: 1, Members: 0, Guests: 1)

Back