How to edit the in-game Camera for Trailers, Montages & Other Projects

I'm trying to make a video for an SRB2 Let's Play video series that will have camerawork tricks like the camera moving on it's own while the player character's running around or the camera stays completely still while the PC runs away from the screen.

I've been looking into the Wiki to see what you can do with the Vanilla Camera system but I haven't found out how to get the Camera to stay completely still in Singleplayer Mode. I've seen it been done in brief sections of Trailers in the Mod Directs but I haven't found any info on how they do it.
Post automatically merged:

An example of what I mean is shown in this Mod Trailer at 0:40 & 1:04

Last edited:
The entirety of the camera options should be here. I think what people use when they want the camera still is with the work of cam_still, cam_dist, and cam_height. The last two for being if they want a specific angle or distance from the player or something.

I've tried the cam_still command and from what I've seen so far, it will allow me to do a still moving shot but the stationary camera that doesn't follow the characters when they go offscreen isn't done through that command.

Who is viewing this thread (Total: 1, Members: 0, Guests: 1)

Back