how to add custom music to slade

Depending on the music, you first might want to learn how to loop it.
If your mod is a PK3, create a folder and name it to "Music". If it is a WAD file, you should be able to skip that first step. Afterwards, just add the music using the import files button (control+shift+I).

Depending on the music, you first might want to learn how to loop it.
If your mod is a PK3, create a folder and name it to "Music". If it is a WAD file, you should be able to skip that first step. Afterwards, just add the music using the import files button (control+shift+I).
thanks i will try this
Post automatically merged:

it didnt work

Last edited:
thanks i will try this
Post automatically merged:

it didnt work
Alright, so just to know, what is the extension of the music file? Many use .ogg (or .mid for MIDI music only) for their music, but wav should be able to work as well.
Second, are you trying to get the music to appear in the game using the tunes command or are you trying to get it to work in a map? If it's the second one then adding your music to SLADE is the first step on getting it to appear in your map. You would have to add "Music = <file name>" to your MAINCFG.

Alright, so just to know, what is the extension of the music file? Many use .ogg (or .mid for MIDI music only) for their music, but wav should be able to work as well.
Second, are you trying to get the music to appear in the game using the tunes command or are you trying to get it to work in a map? If it's the second one then adding your music to SLADE is the first step on getting it to appear in your map. You would have to add "Music = <file name>" to your MAINCFG.
i want it to work in a map

i want it to work in a map
Alright. So first off, try to make your file extension a .ogg, and that you add "O_" to your music file, an example for one would be O_doom.
Secondly, because I'm assuming your file is a PK3, create a folder in your SLADE, and name it Music. After that simply put the music file in your folder.
In your MAINCFG, add the text line:
Music = <file name>
Example:
Music = doom

If you do not have a MAINCFG, create a txt and name it MAINCFG, make sure the game knows the specific map you want your music to be used it, for example:
Level 01 Levelname = Greenflower Act = 1 Music = doom
(Basically this replaces GFZ1's music with a custom music which will be Doom.)Export your txt. Then create another folder in SLADE named "SOC". Then, place your text file there.

When you save it, the game should now be able to give you the music.

Attachments

• Screenshot (17).png
    Screenshot (17).png
    117.4 KB · Views: 123
  • Screenshot (18).png
    Screenshot (18).png
    108.3 KB · Views: 122

Who is viewing this thread (Total: 1, Members: 0, Guests: 1)

Back